• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

any holes I can crawl into?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any holes I can crawl into?

Hi,

I'm feeling bad. I tore my agency a new one today because my last invoice hadn't been paid - then realised it isn't Friday today

And I've got history at this.
    Local Indian takeaway had previously "lost" an order I phoned in and then tried to BS me they hadn't lost it - "what was it you ordered?". I then had to wait ages while they cooked my order - no apology or effort to get it to me quickly - I was not pleased. The next week my wife ordered a takeaway for me to pick up on my way home. Got there to find they had no trace of my order. I proceeded to go through them before telling them to shove their curries up their arse and storming out.
    Phoned wife to tell her and she said "I ordered it from the other curry shop"

Couldn't go back there for years after.

I think I need a personal moderator. Anyone else got any similar stories?
    Back at the coal face

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
    Hi,

I'm feeling bad. I tore my agency a new one today because my last invoice hadn't been paid - then realised it isn't Friday today

And I've got history at this.
    Local Indian takeaway had previously "lost" an order I phoned in and then tried to BS me they hadn't lost it - "what was it you ordered?". I then had to wait ages while they cooked my order - no apology or effort to get it to me quickly - I was not pleased. The next week my wife ordered a takeaway for me to pick up on my way home. Got there to find they had no trace of my order. I proceeded to go through them before telling them to shove their curries up their arse and storming out.
    Phoned wife to tell her and she said "I ordered it from the other curry shop"

Couldn't go back there for years after.

I think I need a personal moderator. Anyone else got any similar stories?
    If I do any that like that, I go back and apologise. In your case some Indian sweets would have been appreciated and you would have ended up friends.

I must say that I am not trigger happy and I gather my facts first even if I am doubtful. It has saved a lot of embarrassment in the past.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think I need a personal moderator.
      You may have had a bad week, but that's got to be quote of the month
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        If I do any that like that, I go back and apologise. In your case some Indian sweets would have been appreciated and you would have ended up friends.
        You're right. I did apologise to the pimp and regret I didn't apologise to the takeaway owners.
        Still wouldn't go back again for a meal - no knowing what they would put into my curry!
        Back at the coal face

Comment

I did that once with an Indian pickup. It was Valentines night and the missus phoned the Indian through.

So I got in the car and drove 4 miles to the restaurant. It was heaving. People waiting for takeaways, meals.

After 30 minutes I was still waiting along with about a dozen others. In the middle some guy came back and had a go at them for missing stuff. Eventually they gave everyone a free bottle of beer.

30 more minutes went. I was geeing them up, someone else came back and had a go at them. Another bottle of beer. So I went over the order again.

By now I'm having a go, people have waited. Another 30 minutes, another free beer.

Eventually they went here is your meal and handed me the bag. I hadn't paid so I did what most would do. I bolted for the door with me curry and drove home.

I got in. The missus went mental. I had been over two hours. 'Where the hell have you been?'. Well I had to drive to Hook to get it.

Hook! Hook! I ordered it from around the corner!!!!!!

We took the meal out and it was someone elses! The fact I hadn't paid and had had three free beers didn't go down well either.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I once phoned up my local pizza shop and ordered a peperoni pizza with a portion of onion rings.
            I got there 15 minutes later and told them I was there to pick up my order and they handed me the pizza.
            "Where's the onion rings?" I asked
            At which point the shop guy opens the pizza box showing me the worlds first (excluding scotland) onion ring and peperoni pizza.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

C'mon you're hardly getting into Prince Philip territory yet
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                C'mon you're hardly getting into Prince Philip territory yet
                Don't have any fuzzy wuzzies around here.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was on a posh Christmas do in Cheltenham (big project 50+ contractors free bar posh hotel) where my jacket and phone were stolen from my room.

I made a bit of a scene at reception next morning (still drunk) accusing them of lax security/dodgy staff etc.

Whilst waiting for the manager I remembered visiting a night club and how nippy it was walking back to the hotel . I slipped out the door quietly before he arrived.

Not wanting to drive home without my stuff I sat in my car until 9PM waiting for someone to open up the club, got my coat and phone back though.
                  Last edited by gingerjedi; 10 February 2011, 23:19.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I once phoned up my local pizza shop and ordered a peperoni pizza with a portion of onion rings.
                    I got there 15 minutes later and told them I was there to pick up my order and they handed me the pizza.
                    "Where's the onion rings?" I asked
                    At which point the shop guy opens the pizza box showing me the worlds first (excluding scotland) onion ring and peperoni pizza.
                    Went into a pizzeria in Vienna dying for a pepperoni but the only thing remotely like it on the menu (in German) was 'Pfefferoni' so I asked for that. The waiter looked at me oddly and eventually returned with a 12"-er with three huge chilli-peppers arranged in a triangle shape.

I complained these aren't pepperoni's and the guy said, oh you meant salami? I said no, pepperoni, not fukn huge chilli-peppers. Eventually settled for salami as the most pepperoni-like but it's still not cricket is it?

I have concluded that the concept of a pepperoni pizza does not exist in the German-speaking world.

Comment

Working...
                    X