• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has four million CCTV cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain has four million CCTV cameras

"Britain has four million CCTV cameras, which gives the UK a quarter of the world’s cameras to photograph 1 per cent of the world’s population",

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...987493,00.html

Nice.

Milan.

.......and we're not even that photogenic.......
    Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      "Britain has four million CCTV cameras, which gives the UK a quarter of the world’s cameras to photograph 1 per cent of the world’s population",

Nice.

Milan.
      That means I now have to comb my hair and put on a clean top just to get some fags from the newsagent.

Comment

That reminds me, I should floss my teeth more often.

Comment

Nice.

Milan.
          As someone pointed out on yesterday's C4 Dispatches program...

When they have the metrics of all our faces in a central DB, and imaging software that can recognize our physogs from any surveillance camera feed - that'll be the most perfect social surveillance and tracking system so far devised.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
            As someone pointed out on yesterday's C4 Dispatches program...

When they have the metrics of all our faces in a central DB, and imaging software that can recognize our physogs from any surveillance camera feed - that'll be the most perfect social surveillance and tracking system so far devised.
            They might just draw the line at your boat bogey, unfortunately I'm a good looking fecker so would always be a proud addition to any database.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              They might just draw the line at your boat bogey, unfortunately I'm a good looking fecker so would always be a proud addition to any database.
              The system will crash once they lodge your details.

Comment

"Britain has four million CCTV cameras
                A pity that very few of them actually work
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Juxtaposition

Milan

Britain has four million CCTV cameras, which gives the UK a quarter of the world’s cameras to photograph 1 per cent of the world’s population

Francko

A pity that very few of them actually work

DG
                  Is that the cameras or the population?
                  Why not?

Comment

What a line Katie Melua missed!

Comment

Working...
                    X