• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia dumps Symbian and gets into bed be with Microsoft.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my point of view, Nokia has gone down hill since they stopped building reliable phones. Ten years ago I could use my Nokia for five days without a charge and the calls were very clear. Now I can barely get two use and the signal is crap. The f’ing Internet facility is useless as is the crap camera. All I want is a reliable working phone.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

From my point of view, Nokia has gone down hill since they stopped building reliable phones. Ten years ago I could use my Nokia for five days without a charge and the calls were very clear. Now I can barely get two use and the signal is crap. The f’ing Internet facility is useless as is the crap camera. All I want is a reliable working phone.
    Get an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Get an iPhone.

iphone

Bad signal sensitivity
      Too fragile
      Very poor battery life

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I was using a Nokia N82 up until December last year, it lasted 5 days (with 3g switched off), the calls were clear and it had an excellent 5MP camera will Carl Zeiss optics and a xenon flash.

I now own a HTC Desire, the actual phone is crap, the camera is too but it does everything else so well.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Bad move IMO. Had a Windows phone a few years ago and really did not get on with it. Appreciate Windows Mobile has probably moved on a few versions since my dabble but it would take a heck of a lot to get me near one again.

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I was using a Nokia N82 up until December last year, it lasted 5 days (with 3g switched off), the calls were clear and it had an excellent 5MP camera will Carl Zeiss optics and a xenon flash.

I now own a HTC Desire, the actual phone is crap, the camera is too but it does everything else so well.
          I palmed the Desire off on my better half and upgraded to the Desire HD - camera is much better quality on that one. As for the phone - I can hear people, they can hear me and the address book works so all fine with me. Need to charge the phone every day but am never far from the PC and if we go away for a few days will get a car charger and some spare batteries.

Nokia FAIL I reckon - oh how the mighty have fallen

Comment

My Sony Ericsson X10i is sh!te since the latest software "upgrade".

As far as Nokia is concerned, they should have put their mony into Android phones instead of ******* about with Symbian and Maemo.

Comment

If the n8 was available running windows I'd have it tomorrow. Spec wise th N8 is a cracking phone but saddled with a complete bag o' crap OS. I'd have a windows phone but the storage they offer (about 8gb usually with no expansion) is pretty rubbish - I know there is a 16gb HTC one and that Dell have an SD slot on their phone, but for the most part they are 8gb only
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                If the n8 was available running windows I'd have it tomorrow. Spec wise th N8 is a cracking phone but saddled with a complete bag o' crap OS. I'd have a windows phone but the storage they offer (about 8gb usually with no expansion) is pretty rubbish - I know there is a 16gb HTC one and that Dell have an SD slot on their phone, but for the most part they are 8gb only
                Nobody will need more than 640k

Comment

Two turkey's don't make an eagle.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have a desire (for germany) & and an N97 (for the UK).

Before that I had a lot of Nokias, some were excellent, and most of them were decent phones. None of them was nearly as tulip as the N97. It is embarrassingly crap, sometimes I switch it off then on to reset it, then try and send an SMS and it tells me it's out of memory. WTF?

If I want to take photos, I have a DSLR, a little compact digicam, two film SLRs and a decent (SD) video camera. If one of them could make phone calls I would carry it in preference to the N97.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X