• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This contract will expire in 10 hours……..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This contract will expire in 10 hours……..

Got an email from an agent last night (after office hours) about a contract that closes before 9:30am this morning. Funny – Jobserve had several agencies with the same job, no mention of any such curfew. Very naively I sent my CV off without checking the other agencies. I am very out of touch with agents tricks.

Yes, I am that hacked off with permiedoom that I am venturing back on the market. Been here for three and a half years, which is the longest I have been anywhere in recent years!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got an email from an agent last night (after office hours) about a contract that closes before 9:30am this morning. Funny – Jobserve had several agencies with the same job, no mention of any such curfew. Very naively I sent my CV off without checking the other agencies. I am very out of touch with agents tricks.

Yes, I am that hacked off with permiedoom that I am venturing back on the market. Been here for three and a half years, which is the longest I have been anywhere in recent years!
    Contracting is not any better, it just pays better and you have an end date to look forward too

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

You're sticking to the North of the country I hope.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        You're sticking to the North of the country I hope.
        Worried about finding him at the desk next to you
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Been here for three and a half years, which is the longest I have been anywhere in recent years!
          Three and a half years on that project would drive even the sanest mad. I dread to think what it has done to you.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Worried about finding him at the desk next to you
            Deffo, or me ending up a lampshade in his maisonette
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Deffo, or me ending up a lampshade in his maisonette
              Maisonette? Pah – I am part of the Cheshire Set, not some dodgy newtown estate in Swindon!

I have a three bedroom detached dormer bungalow I will have you know. The dormer bedroom has an en-suite with fantastic views of the garden if you fancy getting down with nature, or, how about the summer house for a bit of al fresco summer action?

Comment

Maisonette? Pah – I am part of the Cheshire Set, not some dodgy newtown estate in Swindon!

I have a three bedroom detached dormer bungalow I will have you know. The dormer bedroom has an en-suite with fantastic views of the garden if you fancy getting down with nature, or, how about the summer house for a bit of al fresco summer action?
                Below average vanilla intercourse with a Focus owning permy, in a dormer bungalow?

I'm sold.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Below average vanilla intercourse with a Focus owning permy, in a dormer bungalow?

I'm sold.
                  So let me guess a Max Moseley party is more your thing
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    So let me guess a Max Moseley party is more your thing
                    Nope, see above
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X