• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global temperatures in freefall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global temperatures in freefall

Funny looking hockey stick.

Overall, no warming since the 1970's.

Can I have my Carbon credits back please?

Look AGW is so yesterday, keep up at the back there - todays agenda is AGC.

Comment

Overall no warming since the 70s?

You need to go to Specsavers mate if you can't see that the red trend line is below 0.0 before 1998/99 and above it afterwards.

I find it amazing how you present evidence that contradicts your position and are too stupid to see it.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I find it amazing how you present evidence that contradicts your position and are too stupid to see it.

I bet a fiver on DimPrawn to knock out sadguru in the fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Overall no warming since the 70s?

You need to go to Specsavers mate if you can't see that the red trend line is below 0.0 before 1998/99 and above it afterwards.

I'm looking at the blue line. The red line is too complex for me to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I'm looking at the blue line. The red line is too complex for me to understand.
            Look m8, r3d line is like f0llows the black only a tad differently, mmm k?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Look m8, r3d line is like f0llows the black only a tad differently, mmm k?
              the red line is a running average. each of the squares is about a year, the red line is an annual(roughly) running average. a sort of average for the square.

I do have a question for any brilliant statisticians who may dwell amongst us

why has january affected the figures so much ? why is it usually so much cooler in January ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Why has January affected the figures so much ? Why is it usually so much cooler in January ?
                All that first footing in Scotland making Scots leave their front door open and letting the cold in.

HTH

PS Where do I apply for my research grant into Hogmonay Practices and Anthropogenic Global Cooling?
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Humans live over such a small timescale coupled with the conditioning of memory whereby 'it was bloody cold last year, colder than last year'.

A few hundred years worth of data. Pointless.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Humans live over such a small timescale coupled with the conditioning of memory whereby 'it was bloody cold last year, colder than last year'.

A few hundred years worth of data. Pointless.
                    thats right. we have a few hundred useless years of data. then some bloke comes along and says

hang on a minute, we are drilling into lake vostock. i wonder if the ice contains a correlation with temps. hmmm yes its does. We cant know for sure, but its the best we have. so lets call it a proxy.
                    (like looking at peoples cheeks colour to see how hot they are)

then they take the proxy, add the last few hundred years of real stuff to the end and say 'wow. massive warming'

lets test this.

I know, lets look at tree rings. the warmer the fatter, right ? lets call that proxy number two.

wow , massiver warming.

but what does it mean for the future ? I know, lets build a computer programme, key in all the proxies, key in all the real measurements (except the ones that are 'dodgy')

result = 'snow will soon become a rare and exciting event'
                    'the glaciers are melting'
                    'polar bears are nearly extinct'
                    'the frogs are nearly extinct'
                    'sea levels are rising fast'
                    'the north pole will be ice free in 2013'

etc.

It's big money for some, power for others.

I just want my fckng lightbulbs back youse bastids

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X