• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom and Gloom: Clarke warns over scale of cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom and Gloom: Clarke warns over scale of cuts

linky:

The middle classes still do not understand the scale of the Government spending cuts about to hit them, Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke said today.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, he warned that the coalition was going to face "some political difficulty" as people began to grasp just how hard they would be hit.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

He's right. Aren't we running a shortfall (ie deficit) of £150 billion a year? It's going to take a lot more cuts to get rid of that deficit! If anything the government has been too relaxed in its first year, and hasn't done nearly enough to promote growth in the private sector to compensate.
    Expect to see Scotland jump ship within 2 years - they will feel (rightly or wrongly) that they will be able to promote growth better than Westminster.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Indeed...what happened to the supposed Bonfire of the Quangos?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        The new Office of Redundancy Investigation Office (ORIFFICE) have not completed their initial studies so the Quango Evaluation and Assessment Committee (QUEAR) has not been able to sit. The terms of reference for the Bonfire of the Lazy Objectionable Buggers (BLOBS) has not been released by the external consultancy consortium that are writing them, so they are not ready either.

To investigate the delays the government is forming a new Delay Reduction, Eradication and Annulment Department (DREAD). It should complete its principal activities early in 2016.

Etc.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          The new Office of Redundancy Investigation Office (ORIFFICE) have not completed their initial studies so the Quango Evaluation and Assessment Committee (QUEAR) has not been able to sit. The terms of reference for the Bonfire of the Lazy Objectionable Buggers (BLOBS) has not been released by the external consultancy consortium that are writing them, so they are not ready either.

To investigate the delays the government is forming a new Delay Reduction, Eradication and Annulment Department (DREAD). It should complete its principal activities early in 2016.

Etc.

I thought as much
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Getting rid off the quangos will save money in the long term i.e. two terms time.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It won't happen, all new govenrments promise this, none ever deliver. Even Mrs T failed in this.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
              X