• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rush - 2112 - old bands that still look ok...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush - 2112 - old bands that still look ok...

Ok, disagree if you want, but the gf called the Mighty Rush 'Old Fogies' not last night and I quite rightly slapped her for it, that and not making my tea on time and placing the peas a little too close to the roasts, c'mon guys, empathise with me...

Anyway - in my yoof, 2112 was the best 28 mins of a side 1 of any LP/Album, but after, well, a bit anal, a bit trite...?

But now Rush do it good!! O have to say it's a great performance, albeit 10 years ago, but whatever...

Now let's see If I can embed a utube vid...

I've seen Rush, Styx and John Mayall in the last 10 years (missed 'em all when they were at their height) and they were excellent. John Mayall's band are still the best gang of musos I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I've seen Rush, Styx and John Mayall in the last 10 years (missed 'em all when they were at their height) and they were excellent. John Mayall's band are still the best gang of musos I've ever heard.
      Saw Rush '78 - first gig, and again in the eighties, not my cup of tea now but I can still look back and enjoy - kids today like one thing and one thing only, but I know you can appreciate a bit of Joy Division and a bit of Culture Club.

Ok, not Culture Club of any of them 80's faggot bands but ye ken wa' mean?

PS - I stayed in Kilmarnock once!

Comment

I love Rush!
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I love 2112, I've got memories of driving on holiday as a teenager 2112 blasting on the stereo not a care in the world

Some of later stuff has been tulipe though, but live they never disappoint
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

My friend, who simply hates rock music, got dragged to a Rush concert and said he nearly fell off his chair when Neil Peart started to play 'in the mood' as a solo on the drums.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              My friend, who simply hates rock music, got dragged to a Rush concert and said he nearly fell off his chair when Neil Peart started to play 'in the mood' as a solo on the drums.
              Neil Peart has more drums than you can shake a stick at - if you look at the vid he's got one decent sized one behind him - now I'm no drummer but WTF, how's he ever gonna play that?

With his anus? Possible I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Neil Peart has more drums than you can shake a stick at - if you look at the vid he's got one decent sized one behind him - now I'm no drummer but WTF, how's he ever gonna play that?

With his anus? Possible I suppose...
                I don't think he was falling off his seat in a complementary way.

I believe, from what my mate says, the dum kit revolves round. That will be his 'reverse bass drum'.

Anyway, squeeky Canadian rock is just not for me as well.

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Let's not forget that re. The Who, another great live band, Roger Daltrey=ok, bass player=dead, Townsend=paedo, allegedly...

No paedo's or dead yins in the Mighty Rush...

Comment

Working...
                    X