PDA

View Full Version : I think I am a hypochondriac

Wilmslow
14th February 2011, 08:11
Going to a walk-in centre this evening as have a painful swelling around my groin.

I have used the internet to diagnose that I have an infected lymph node, with a myriad of causes, which is a very heavy list.

I am hoping it will be a quick case of anti-biotics and all will be good, but, I have that nagging feeling that it could be a lot worse.

I hate the internet at times!

NotAllThere
14th February 2011, 08:46
Lie on your back. Does the swelling disappear? Put your hand where the swelling is. Cough. Do you feel a movement? If so, you may have an inguinal hernia.

That's what I just had surgery for. When I first noticed the lump, I thought it was a lymph node infection as well.

RichardCranium
14th February 2011, 09:17
If you think you're a hypochondriac, you may be getting delusional too.

That probably means the cancer has already spread to your brain.

HTH

Ask EO for advice. He'll know all about whatever it is you've got.

amcdonald
14th February 2011, 09:46
xHamster should get rid of the swelling

ThomasSoerensen
14th February 2011, 09:47

HTH

:rollin::rollin:

EternalOptimist
14th February 2011, 10:20

HTH

The last time I was playing 'Doctors and Nurses' with Mrs EO, she discovered that I had a swelling in the groin, and she rubbed some ointment on it. Then she bounced up and down on it for half an hour, and it went away

:rolleyes:

d000hg
14th February 2011, 10:25
Isn't self-diagnosis as a hypochondriac a sign of being a hypochondriac?

Wilmslow
14th February 2011, 12:11
Lie on your back. Does the swelling disappear? Put your hand where the swelling is. Cough. Do you feel a movement? If so, you may have an inguinal hernia.

That's what I just had surgery for. When I first noticed the lump, I thought it was a lymph node infection as well.

Thanks - tried that last night, after looking that one up.

All red and swollen, suggesting infection. Hope it is as quick and easy as that, but should find out tonight!

Really wanting to leave work and get it checked over, but my nearest centre is 40 miles away. They are a good idea, just not in the right places!

EternalOptimist
14th February 2011, 12:50
Thanks - tried that last night, after looking that one up.

All red and swollen, suggesting infection. Hope it is as quick and easy as that, but should find out tonight!

Really wanting to leave work and get it checked over, but my nearest centre is 40 miles away. They are a good idea, just not in the right places!

Dont you think Valentines day should be preserved for roses, chocolates, romance, the sound of love.

You can always tell the laydeez of CUK about the festering infected pustules that ooze pus in your groinal area on one of the other 364 days of the year

Wilmslow
14th February 2011, 12:54
Dont you think Valentines day should be preserved for roses, chocolates, romance, the sound of love.

You can always tell the laydeez of CUK about the festering infected pustules that ooze pus in your groinal area on one of the other 364 days of the year

Now, I need to think about why I am still single.......

OwlHoot
14th February 2011, 14:22

If it turns black, you have bubonic plague. :eek:

HTH

EternalOptimist
14th February 2011, 14:27
It's no use standing on the seat
Wilsmslows crabs can jump 10 feet
but if you think that's very high
Look at Sasgurus
The bast@rds fly

fullyautomatix
14th February 2011, 17:42

:puke:

Zippy
14th February 2011, 17:54
If it turns black, you have bubonic plague. :eek:

HTH

He's right. Check your armpits too.

mudskipper
14th February 2011, 19:07
If it doesn't turn black it could be mumps.

Wilmslow
15th February 2011, 07:21
Still alive - not cancerous, and nothing that anti-biotics will not cure.

Feeling a lot happier, but could have done without having to spend 2 hours in the Manchester walk-in centre.

Been told to ease off the gym though!

NotAllThere
15th February 2011, 08:17
Have you informed all the gents and ladies you've been close to over the last few weeks? They might like to get themselves checked.

RichardCranium
15th February 2011, 10:19
Have you informed the mad woman you've been close to over the last few weeks? She might like to come round and boil your bunnies.FTFY

Mich the Tester
15th February 2011, 10:22
Recent research suggest that hypochondria usually has an underlying physical cause like cancer or AIDS.

Wilmslow
15th February 2011, 11:25
Thanks for the cheerful comment Mitch!

It was an infected hair follicle, so very relieved nothing overly serious!

As I have infection pumping through me, this explains why I nearly wiped out after BodyAttack on Sunday. Got double spin and double abs tonight, but think I will tone i down a little to the one class and enjoy an nice lunch to recouperate :)

AtW
15th February 2011, 11:37
:suicide:

RichardCranium
15th February 2011, 11:41
It was an infected hair follicle, so very relieved nothing overly serious!It was a blackhead? :eyes

You wanna try rubbing a flannel down there, once in a while. :sick

DS23
15th February 2011, 12:10
that was a close shave then?