• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think I am a hypochondriac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am a hypochondriac

Going to a walk-in centre this evening as have a painful swelling around my groin.

I have used the internet to diagnose that I have an infected lymph node, with a myriad of causes, which is a very heavy list.

I am hoping it will be a quick case of anti-biotics and all will be good, but, I have that nagging feeling that it could be a lot worse.

I hate the internet at times!

Lie on your back. Does the swelling disappear? Put your hand where the swelling is. Cough. Do you feel a movement? If so, you may have an inguinal hernia.

That's what I just had surgery for. When I first noticed the lump, I thought it was a lymph node infection as well.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you think you're a hypochondriac, you may be getting delusional too.

That probably means the cancer has already spread to your brain.

HTH

Ask EO for advice. He'll know all about whatever it is you've got.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

xHamster should get rid of the swelling
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

HTH

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

HTH

The last time I was playing 'Doctors and Nurses' with Mrs EO, she discovered that I had a swelling in the groin, and she rubbed some ointment on it. Then she bounced up and down on it for half an hour, and it went away

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Isn't self-diagnosis as a hypochondriac a sign of being a hypochondriac?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Lie on your back. Does the swelling disappear? Put your hand where the swelling is. Cough. Do you feel a movement? If so, you may have an inguinal hernia.

That's what I just had surgery for. When I first noticed the lump, I thought it was a lymph node infection as well.
                Thanks - tried that last night, after looking that one up.

All red and swollen, suggesting infection. Hope it is as quick and easy as that, but should find out tonight!

Really wanting to leave work and get it checked over, but my nearest centre is 40 miles away. They are a good idea, just not in the right places!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Thanks - tried that last night, after looking that one up.

All red and swollen, suggesting infection. Hope it is as quick and easy as that, but should find out tonight!

Really wanting to leave work and get it checked over, but my nearest centre is 40 miles away. They are a good idea, just not in the right places!
                  Dont you think Valentines day should be preserved for roses, chocolates, romance, the sound of love.

You can always tell the laydeez of CUK about the festering infected pustules that ooze pus in your groinal area on one of the other 364 days of the year

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Dont you think Valentines day should be preserved for roses, chocolates, romance, the sound of love.

You can always tell the laydeez of CUK about the festering infected pustules that ooze pus in your groinal area on one of the other 364 days of the year

Now, I need to think about why I am still single.......

Comment

Working...
                    X