• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation over 5% and rising

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm

UK inflation expected to be double target rate - Telegraph

Is this just an expected blip?
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Yeah, it's just a blip. Honest. Will be back under 2% really soon. No need to raise interest rates. Don't worry, your savings/pension/investments are safe.

Love 'n' hugs,

Merv.

Comment

A De La Soul classic
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Anyway, look over there!!!

Is that Global Warming I can see?

Must count some Carbon.

Now what was you talking about?

Comment

5%? is that all?

Seems a lot worse to me than that. Food has shot up, Petrol is now becoming a joke - £80 to fill up a tank?! VAT on it's own is like a bomb shell.

Comment

And this is just the beginning.
            How many £s did Bank of England print again?

But don't worry, as long as you got your share of the newly printed money it will offset the inflation.
            And as long as you don't plan on buyig any imported goods.

Enjoy, chaps.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I think it is a conspiracy of uncontrollable factors - high fuel prices and high grain prices especially. They should level out over time - although oil is a constant worry and really why we should always be trying to ease off our reliance on oil.

Comment

I understand the governments requirement to raise revenue but they have to be *very* careful that they don't strangle the economy, and I fear they are and it is sending us back into recession when combined with other factors. They need to reverse the VAT hike to stimulate sales and just accept the hit. We will get the debts levelled off over time, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and we need to ensure that as a country our credit rating remains good - which also limits the cost of servicing our debts.

Comment

When interest rates go up, many of the million mortgage-holders who are already stretched to the limit will, er, snap? Burst? What's the word?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    When interest rates go up, many of the million mortgage-holders who are already stretched to the limit will, er, snap? Burst? What's the word?
                    Pop, is the word.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X