• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I see a wind up in progress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a wind up in progress

One minute I was busy 'working' then a valentines card had slipped under my door at the client site with some slushy prose and a phone number with the stalkerish words "I see you everyday, so what have you got to lose" followed by a mobile number

Ok I'm surrounded by birds here, but I smell a wind up
    Doing the needful since 1827

This wasn't after you'd just been for lunch with a colleage, was it?

If it was and they had the seafood calamari, it's genuine. Otherwise it's a wind up.

HTH

Comment

The manly thing to do is ignore it
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

take a photo of your c o c k with your camera phone, and text it to the number.

Either it's a bird, and she'll be turned on, or your so called mates will get a horrible surprise.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          The manly thing to do is ignore it
          No. The manly thing would be to walk into the office with the card and
          loudly say 'come on guys I'm not falling for this' an then tear the
          card up in front of everyone.

If some lads laugh. Sorted
          If some lass bursts into tears and runs out you can decide whether she's fit and run after her. Sorted

and if nobody flinches. It means your mum popped around.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            take a photo of your c o c k with your camera phone, and text it to the number.

Either it's a bird, and she'll be turned on, or your so called mates will get a horrible surprise.

HTH.
            Or the person in very senior management whose number they used will be "intrigued".

Comment

if you send a pic of your tackle to that mobblie number, you will wake up tomorrow with a sore bum.

I'll put a tenner on it

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                you will wake up tomorrow with a sore bum.

I'll put a tenner on it
                An aqueous cream would work better.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  An aqueous cream would work better.
                  ring that number, and you will hear YMCA blasting out of some pink shirted, mustachioed, butt-spanglers mobblie. this time tomorrow, you'll know what a ring-tone is

I'll put a tenner on it

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    One minute I was busy 'working' then a valentines card had slipped under my door at the client site with some slushy prose and a phone number with the stalkerish words "I see you everyday, so what have you got to lose" followed by a mobile number

Ok I'm surrounded by birds here, but I smell a wind up
                    Give the number to a mate and get them to ring it while you are in the office, see who's phone rings. Decide from there. That way the mate gets the stalker calls if you're not interested
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X