PDA

View Full Version : After 15 years of contracting...

NotAllThere
14th February 2011, 14:51
After 15 years of contracting (off and on), I've made a sale of a product.

I started working through my company last year with a small consultancy. The agreement is that any software I develop for them, I get 15% of any sales. I also get 15% of the yearly support license. We've just sold the first license for a six figure sum (Swiss francs, and no, there are no leading zeros!).

We've got another two large companies interested in the same product.

I'm quite pleased. :smile

alreadypacked
14th February 2011, 14:53

I started working through my company last year with a small consultancy. The agreement is that any software I develop for them, I get 15% of any sales. I also get 15% of the yearly support license. We've just sold the first license for a six figure sum (Swiss francs, and no, there are no leading zeros!).

Congrats :music:

Double congrats on the Swiss bit, they can be hard to please.

SueEllen
:music::banana::banana::yay:

TheFaQQer
Well done, that man

:yay:

Pondlife
14th February 2011, 14:54

Nice one NAT

DimPrawn
14th February 2011, 14:57
Email call me dave and let him know a small UK IT business is expanding, doing well and isn't a disguised employee.

Well done.

DS23
14th February 2011, 14:57
fmn! beyawesome!

FiveTimes
14th February 2011, 14:58
Well done :banana:

AtW
14th February 2011, 15:04

hyperD
14th February 2011, 15:24
Well done that man!

Sysman
14th February 2011, 15:33
Well done!

TykeMerc
14th February 2011, 15:36
Nice one!

I assume you only carry a max of 15% of the commercial risk too. Irrespective of that here's hoping that the product turns out to be a monster success :)

NotAllThere
14th February 2011, 17:10
Email call me dave and let him know a small UK IT business is expanding, doing well and isn't a disguised employee.

Well done....but I'm a small Swiss IT business. So it'd only upset him.

Nice one!

I assume you only carry a max of 15% of the commercial risk too. Irrespective of that here's hoping that the product turns out to be a monster success :)The only investment I've made is time... but it was time when I wasn't contracting anyway.

My aim in this thread was to encourage others that it can be done! The fifteen years of contracting has helped build my reputation in my sector, as well as given me the contacts that I need. In many ways, the software I've developed with the consultancy is being sold on the back of mine and one of the partner's names. He came up with the idea, I implemented it.

cojak
14th February 2011, 17:21

Crack open the fizzy pop! :D

TykeMerc
14th February 2011, 17:29
...but I'm a small Swiss IT business. So it'd only upset him.

The only investment I've made is time... but it was time when I wasn't contracting anyway.

My aim in this thread was to encourage others that it can be done! The fifteen years of contracting has helped build my reputation in my sector, as well as given me the contacts that I need. In many ways, the software I've developed with the consultancy is being sold on the back of mine and one of the partner's names. He came up with the idea, I implemented it.

Win on multiple counts :)

wantacontract
14th February 2011, 18:33
Nice one, good to hear a success in these gloomy times...

mudskipper
14th February 2011, 19:01
Excellent! :banana:

Pogle
14th February 2011, 19:53
Oh respect to you sir :music:

jmo21
14th February 2011, 20:02
that's the dream right there, congrats!!:music:

Now if I can just come up with an idea.....:ohwell

norrahe
14th February 2011, 20:06