• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Angry people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry people

It seems to me there are lots of angry people around who like getting wound up about something in the papers. In the UK you have the Daily Wail and the Express, here in Holland we have 'de Telegraaf', a cess-pit of frustration and pent up anger, usually directed at one or more of the following;
    - brown folks
    - lefties
    - turd world devlopment aid
    - moozlims!
    - headscarf wearers
    - 'these people'
    - the 60's
    - young people today
    - etc

Now then, it's my impression that the most frustrated of them all, the ones who bash their fists on the table while their faces go red with a rush of blood, actually live in rather safe, quiet little middle class places where life is really quite peaceful. Perhaps just boring. Why get wound up about stuff that doesn't actually affect your life?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

My theory is that it gives people a sense of purpose and content in their lives even if this is obviously an illusion.
    I guess is also gives old married couples something to talk about when there otherwise is uncomfortable silence for several years.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

People move around, just because they live in a leafy surburb now doesn't mean they didn't live a tulip hole before
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        People move around, just because they live in a leafy surburb now doesn't mean they didn't live a tulip hole before
        Well, logically, if you´ve moved from a tuliphole to a leafy suburb, it´s time to stop complaining.

Comment

Do you need a hug Mich?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Do you need a hug Mich?
            Not from you, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Well, logically, if you´ve moved from a tuliphole to a leafy suburb, it´s time to stop complaining.
              Some people develop habits they are, not aware of/ can't stop /don't want to stop.

Complaining is one, but what really gets to me is the "they have more than me" types. Where the 'they' work their ass off and the 'me' just sits on theirs.

Yes, I have some in my family
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                Complaining is one, but what really gets to me is the "they have more than me" types. Where the 'they' work their ass off and the 'me' just sits on theirs.
                Having issues with someone who uses their donkeys as slaves, I'm not surprised
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It seems to me there are lots of angry people around who like getting wound up about something in the papers. In the UK you have the Daily Wail and the Express, here in Holland we have 'de Telegraaf', a cess-pit of frustration and pent up anger, usually directed at one or more of the following;
                  - brown folks
                  - lefties
                  - turd world devlopment aid
                  - moozlims!
                  - headscarf wearers
                  - 'these people'
                  - the 60's
                  - young people today
                  - etc
                  What does de Telegraaf have to say about property prices though?

And, even more importantly, Princess Diana (God bless her murdered, tortured soul)?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    What does de Telegraaf have to say about property prices though?
                    In some places they're going up because of those nasty people in suits that earn more than their readership. In other places they're going down because Telegraaf readers don't earn enough to buy a house.

Nothing about Diana, but often something about Princess Maxima; usually negative, because she's a foreigner.

Comment

Working...
                    X