• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked at BBC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked at BBC?

Got an interview for Siemens working for BBC in White City site.

Anyone worked there? Good/bad place to work?

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post

Yes. All of the above. W@nkers.

Only ever terminated contract. Sited, 'using the phone', 'talking to colleagues','not booking a day off properly'

As I said. W@nkers.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post

I've heard that it can be a difficult place to get into due to the rampant cronyism. Unless you know someone, it's an uphill slog.
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Sited,
        Enough said. They were right to bin you
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

My experience of working there is so last millennium that it is no longer valid. Especially since I was across the road in Woodlands. And permie.

However, I suggest you do the opposite of whatever this advice was:

This message is hidden because MarillionFan is on your ignore list.
          Also, do not expect to be able to park anywhere near there, and do NOT EVER use the pedestrian underpasses at the Wood Lane / A40 flyover junction.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I've heard the (permie) money is aweful. I don't think I could work in such an environent. Advertising/PR agencies were luvvy/cliquey/Oh so superior enough - I think the BBC probably is off the scale in this respect..

I'll take IB permies any day over BBC types - at least the invoice makes up for the Tony the Tiger routines..
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

If it were just the Beeb I'd say approach with caution. Depending on the department there's a lot of politicos and primas - and workshy eejits - about. As it's Siemens, do not touch with the Holy Barge Pole Of All Lords.

Forsooth.

Comment

Ignore Richard he's a doley posting on a contractor board. His linkedin profile is hilarious.

Don't expect any autonomy with Siemens at the BBC. The processes are slow and unweidly and frankly they dont want 'get on with it' type people. I found Siemens was milking it and they will just drop you as quick as they can drop a hat.

I found the team disjointed and the BBC staff terrible. Awful politics and the worse waste culture of any public service.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Only ever terminated contract. Sited, 'using the phone', 'talking to colleagues','not booking a day off properly'

punching manager in the face, pissing on visitors shoes

Comment

Sounds peachy... Can't wait if an offer comes through

Comment

Working...
                    X