• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Touchy Subject: Any blokes on here had / considered a Hair Transplant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchy Subject: Any blokes on here had / considered a Hair Transplant?

Something that has been pissing me off over the last 10 years is the fact that my hair is going a bit thin. In fact, if it goes any further back, I'll be combing my arse.

It's a common thing for blokes I guess, but aside from shaving it off, dodgy 'Syrup' or having a comb-over (None of which I fancy) has anyone had or considered a hair transplant?

For those of you not in the know, it's where they take a strip of hair (c. 10000 hairs) from the back of your head, which is more like pubic hair, and move it in batches of 10 hairs or so, to the front or top of your head.

Been thinking about it for a while, but don't know whether to take the plunge or not.

Interested in your thoughts and experiences...

Sorry baldy. Never considered it.

That reminds me. I need a hair cut.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Took me a while to come to terms with it but there's really no point trying to fight it - if Holywood superstars can't buy an effective way to prevent/cure baldness it aint out there.

My mother is having a harder time dealing with my baldness than I am. I'm OK with it now but every time I see her she says "Please grow it a bit - you just look so much like him"

Just be a shaved head - it's not that bad. It's far worse to have hair and a bald patch/receding hair line.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Sorry baldy. Never considered it.

That reminds me. I need a hair cut.

WHS.

Comment

A bloke at previous ClientCo had had it done.

You could see the clumps in neat rows & columns.

Because it was still thin, he had then had his scalp tattooed or dyed.

It was desperately, terribly sad.

Seriously, it is only you that is aware of it. Do not make matters worse with dye, a syrup, or dodgy surgical procedures.

Meanwhile, it's the bald blokes that are chatting up the dolly birds in the office. It has ever been thus.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

No. Just shave your head instead (stubble length, not complete skinhead); you might be pleasantly surprised how some women react.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Took me a while to come to terms with it but there's really no point trying to fight it - if Holywood superstars can't buy an effective way to prevent/cure baldness it aint out there.
              That's the thing, there is something you can do now.

Note people like Alan Carr, Rob Brydon, Will Young, Brendan Fraser etc all have had this procedure done.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                Alan Carr, Rob Brydon, Will Young, Brendan Fraser
                Four good reasons to be bald.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think it depends what you look like.

If you are a big tough looking guy, with good looks, you can carry off the stubble look (looks best on dark haired people).

Unfortunately most IT types end up looking like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    A bloke at previous ClientCo had had it done.

You could see the clumps in neat rows & columns.

Because it was still thin, he had then had his scalp tattooed or dyed.

It was desperately, terribly sad.

Seriously, it is only you that is aware of it. Do not make matters worse with dye, a syrup, or dodgy surgical procedures.

Meanwhile, it's the bald blokes that are chatting up the dolly birds in the office. It has ever been thus.
                    WRCS, but if you are getting a syrup at least make it a comedy one.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X