• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk Talk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk Talk

Anyone had any problems with these cnuts?

They've blocked my internet access because they didn't get my direct debit details copied over when my old ISP got taken over by them 9 MONTHS AGO (i got an email saying I didn't need to do anything at all) & consequently I owe them 270 quid in arrears.

Now I'm having a nightmare getting my Mac Id (or whatever) off them so I can move to another ISP . They say this takes 5 days & will come by email. This was 10 days ago & I've still got no internet access. I don't think I can bear ringing their frigging call centre again coz it takes at least 20 minutes to get through & when I finally do get through nobody knows what's going on and it's back to square 1 all over again. I'm losing the will to live with all this.

Move to plusnet, zen or A&A ASAP.

Have a feeling the MAC code issuing is regulated, check.

Not yet heard a good thing about certain other ISPs.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I went with BT under the misguided impression that I'd never get that frustrating business of BT blaming the ISP and the ISP blaming BT everytime there is a problem.

Wrong. Same old sh!t in the sense that the right arm doesn't know what the left arm is doing.

Comment

MyCo finally got so pissed off with this stuff that it bought me a Vodafone prepaid dongle. It blunts the unhealthy stress just a bit if you can at least still connect while the BS is flying around.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

'Such a Shame' was a good song but I didn't like the rest.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            'Such a Shame' was a good song but I didn't like the rest.
            Thanks for that hilarious non sequitur

Comment

Dealing with Talk Talk is like being in purgatory, I use it only because I'm not paying for it

The routers they supply are the cheapest, nastiests most unreliable bits of IT kit I've ever come across, they're IT support is so bad they could improve matters just by employing Basil Fawlty and their technical knowledge is surpassed by PC Worlds 'Tech Guys'
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Have a feeling the MAC code issuing is regulated, check.
                Got a feeling you're right, certainly it should be easy to get as long as you politely insist while they try to persuade you to stay.

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                Dealing with Talk Talk is like being in purgatory, I use it only because I'm not paying for it

The routers they supply are the cheapest, nastiests most unreliable bits of IT kit I've ever come across, they're IT support is so bad they could improve matters just by employing Basil Fawlty and their technical knowledge is surpassed by PC Worlds 'Tech Guys'
                I have my own router anyway but I kind of agree, although we don't have serious problems and for the cost I'd put up with it for home broadband... but since I work from home I plan to get something better.

The best thing from TT other than the price is you get 40Gb allowance as standard which is pretty high as these things go.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I found the Talk Talk broadband service ok. I was with Tiscali and got taken over by Talk Talk, but since being taken over I've had no real problems. Maybe it's because I've still got the Tiscali router and that seems fine.

I found contacting their help desk impossible about there special offer voucher for signing up for 18 months so I just wrote to them. Annoying but not to bad.

The new 23 Mb service seems ok as well.

Problems are obviously just round the corner ...
                  Last edited by Green Mango; 17 February 2011, 16:50.

Comment

Working...
                  X