• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bacon Sandwich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Sandwich

I'm off for a bacon sandwich. I just felt like mentioning this to get a reaction out of all those ex pats or folks working abroad that miss the good old bacon butty. Mwahahahahahahah

Come back suity!

I am an expat and I eat bacon butties quite regularly; in fact, a local butcher is very keen on British cuts of meat, and he cures his own bacon.

I'll tell you what I really do miss though; Lincolnshire sausages. Must send butcher on study trip to Lincoln.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 17 February 2011, 10:25.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Enjoy your sarnie SY.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Thats not a proper bacon buttie; they went & toasted it
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          Thats not a proper bacon buttie; they went & toasted it
          You don't toast yours??!!

That toast looks horrible though. Needs to be Warbies Toastie bread.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I must say that while some suggest using the cheapest untoasted white bread, personally I'm rather partial to getting a good white bread and cutting the slices doorstep style before smearing with butter and strong mustard and then chucking in the grilled bacon slices.

Each to his own.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I must say that while some suggest using the cheapest untoasted white bread, personally I'm rather partial to getting a good white bread and cutting the slices doorstep style before smearing with butter and strong mustard and then chucking in the grilled bacon slices.

Each to his own.
              Swap the mustard for brown sauce & I am with you on that one.

Damn I now fancy bacon...
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                You don't toast yours??!!

That toast looks horrible though. Needs to be Warbies Toastie bread.
                I don't always toast mine either - deal with it nun girl!!!

If there's an egg involved I would tend to toast however; to provide a more supportive environment for the bacon and egg.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Each to his own.
                  Definitely the way to go.

Our local deli serves bacon sarnies in artisan bread paninis, accompanied with a small jar of Tiptree brown sauce, and a side salad of rocket and onion dressed in sweet balsamic. The bacon is also thickly sliced and locally sourced and tastes great too.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Halo has just run down the stairs and found some bacon in one of the freezers.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X