• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football Threads on this Forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Threads on this Forum

Always seem to vanish after a couple of replies with the exception of these insidious Scotch football threads that , just when you think you'd seen the back of them, float back to the top like an unflushable turd.

I'm thinking specifically of the referees' strike thread and the El Hadji Diouf sending off thread.

It's CUK General. People post about pretty much anything they like. If you don't like a subject, ignore it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Always seem to vanish after a couple of replies with the exception of these insidious Scotch football threads that , just when you think you'd seen the back of them, float back to the top like an unflushable turd.

I'm thinking specifically of the referees' strike thread and the El Hadji Diouf sending off thread.
      Probably something to do with the mods, and if they don't like football and want to tone down or remove the football posts, then that's their prerogative I would have thought.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Bog salmon
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm thinking specifically
          Ease back on that. You clearly have not had a lot of experience with it.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Ease back on that. You clearly have not had a lot of experience with it.

HTH

WSBS

Steam rises from his head like a fresh cowpat on a chilly autumn morning.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was at a childrens party on Sunday morning and started chatting to another dad.

'Going to watch the rugby this afternoon?' I asked
              'No. We don't do sports' was the reply
              'Homo' I thought

He appeared to read my mind. Can you read my mind pacharan?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                'Going to watch the rugby this afternoon?' I asked
                'No. We don't do sports' was the reply
                'Homo' I thought
                'Intellectual barbarian" he thought
                ftfy
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Actually threads 'die' of their own accord when no one bothers replying in them and they fall off the first page.

Sectarianism is what keeps the Scottish football threads alive.

HTH
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I suppose it's because most footy threads are about "big" matches involving Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd and the like, which are inherently transient.

The threads I remember that last longer than that involve something more, like the two you pointed out, the Liverpool manager one, and the biennial England tournament post-mortems.

Does anyone here follow a non top division side? Or am I the only one?

Anyone here follow the likes of Barnet, Rochdale or Arbroath? Accrington Stanley? Borehamwood?

Comment

Working...
                    X