PDA

View Full Version : Football Threads on this Forum

pacharan
17th February 2011, 11:48
Always seem to vanish after a couple of replies with the exception of these insidious Scotch football threads that , just when you think you'd seen the back of them, float back to the top like an unflushable turd.

I'm thinking specifically of the referees' strike thread and the El Hadji Diouf sending off thread.:tired

Mich the Tester
17th February 2011, 11:51
It's CUK General. People post about pretty much anything they like. If you don't like a subject, ignore it.

Board Game Geek
17th February 2011, 11:51
Always seem to vanish after a couple of replies with the exception of these insidious Scotch football threads that , just when you think you'd seen the back of them, float back to the top like an unflushable turd.

I'm thinking specifically of the referees' strike thread and the El Hadji Diouf sending off thread.:tired

Probably something to do with the mods, and if they don't like football and want to tone down or remove the football posts, then that's their prerogative I would have thought.

suityou01
17th February 2011, 11:52

:spel Bog salmon

shaunbhoy
17th February 2011, 11:54
I'm thinking specifically

Ease back on that. You clearly have not had a lot of experience with it.

HTH

:winker:

Mich the Tester
17th February 2011, 11:55
Ease back on that. You clearly have not had a lot of experience with it.

HTH

:winker:

WSBS

Steam rises from his head like a fresh cowpat on a chilly autumn morning.

MarillionFan
17th February 2011, 11:56
I was at a childrens party on Sunday morning and started chatting to another dad.

'Going to watch the rugby this afternoon?' I asked
'No. We don't do sports' was the reply
'Homo' I thought

He appeared to read my mind. Can you read my mind pacharan?

Board Game Geek
17th February 2011, 12:00
'Homo' I thought
'Intellectual barbarian" he thought

ftfy

cojak
17th February 2011, 12:00
Actually threads 'die' of their own accord when no one bothers replying in them and they fall off the first page.

Sectarianism is what keeps the Scottish football threads alive.

HTH

Doggy Styles
17th February 2011, 12:01
I suppose it's because most footy threads are about "big" matches involving Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd and the like, which are inherently transient.

The threads I remember that last longer than that involve something more, like the two you pointed out, the Liverpool manager one, and the biennial England tournament post-mortems.

Does anyone here follow a non top division side? Or am I the only one?

Anyone here follow the likes of Barnet, Rochdale or Arbroath? Accrington Stanley? Borehamwood?

cailin maith
17th February 2011, 12:03
I was at a childrens party on Sunday morning and started chatting to another dad.

'Homo' I thought

:laugh

Actually threads 'die' of their own accord when no one bothers replying in them and they fall off the first page.

HTH

Miaow!! But true.

TykeMerc
17th February 2011, 12:03
I suppose it's because most footy threads are about "big" matches involving Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd and the like, which are inherently transient.

The threads I remember that last longer than that involve something more, like the two you pointed out, the Liverpool manager one, and the biennial England tournament post-mortems.

Does anyone here follow a non top division side? Or am I the only one?

Anyone here follow the likes of Barnet, Rochdale or Arbroath? Accrington Stanley? Borehamwood?

Barnstoneworth!!!

Spacecadet
17th February 2011, 12:08
Light relief used to be the official place for sports threads but that was consistently ignored.

GillsMan
17th February 2011, 12:11

I'm a Gillingham fan but have been a season ticket holder at Crawley Town for the past three seasons. Getting my reward on Saturday with a trip to Old Trafford that makes it all worth it.

minestrone
17th February 2011, 12:12
Can we all stick to the 'is suity manic or depressed today?' threads please.

Spacecadet
17th February 2011, 12:18
Can we all stick to the 'is suity manic or depressed today?' threads please.

Maybe we need a "noisy children in forums" thread

OwlHoot
17th February 2011, 12:26

'Homo' I thought

If not wanting to watch ruby was an infallible sign of being a homo, the UK population would have dwindled to almost zero about fifty years after William Webb Ellis first picked up that football. :rolleyes:

Mich the Tester
17th February 2011, 12:27
If not wanting to watch ruby was an infallible sign of being a homo, the UK population would have dwindled to almost zero about fifty years after William Webb Ellis first picked up that football. :rolleyes:

Would have got rid of the soccer woofters though.:wink

Incognito
17th February 2011, 15:06

HTH

I don't think that's quite fair. I wouldn't class the banter we throw at each other on those threads as sectarian. Sectarian is the young Celtic lad getting his throat cut as he's walking home from the game just for wearing his scarf. Or the Rangers fan stabbed to death in a city centre pub by a Celtic fan for no reason other than he was a bear.

Too many people automatically label normal football banter as bigoted bile just because it involves Rangers / Celtic. I've seen and heard far worse stuff at a Man U / Liverpool game or a Tottenham / Arsenal game.

I'd have a drink with any of the Dhims on this site. They'd be buying of course.

cojak
17th February 2011, 15:40
I don't think that's quite fair. I wouldn't class the banter we throw at each other on those threads as sectarian. Sectarian is the young Celtic lad getting his throat cut as he's walking home from the game just for wearing his scarf. Or the Rangers fan stabbed to death in a city centre pub by a Celtic fan for no reason other than he was a bear.

Too many people automatically label normal football banter as bigoted bile just because it involves Rangers / Celtic. I've seen and heard far worse stuff at a Man U / Liverpool game or a Tottenham / Arsenal game.

I'd have a drink with any of the Dhims on this site. They'd be buying of course.

Fair enough Incognito, but some of it can appear pretty vicious to neutral eyes.

TestMangler
17th February 2011, 16:00

Better organise it for Giro day then......:laugh

Doggy Styles
17th February 2011, 16:03
I'm a Gillingham fan but have been a season ticket holder at Crawley Town for the past three seasons. Getting my reward on Saturday with a trip to Old Trafford that makes it all worth it.Everyone outside the Home Counties wishes you luck. :wink

Incognito
17th February 2011, 16:10
Fair enough Incognito, but some of it can appear pretty vicious to neutral eyes.

Whereas every other thread in general comes across as a right big love in.

:tongue

shaunbhoy
17th February 2011, 17:16

Oi you!! Get back to molesting that Mutton!!

TykeMerc
17th February 2011, 17:21

To be fair 2 Scotsmen in a bar, both would probably die of dehydration waiting for the other to buy a drink.

shaunbhoy
17th February 2011, 18:54

Ah yes, but for every fiver we spend you'd have to spend a tenner. :wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwk0AzB3uX0

TestMangler
18th February 2011, 18:03
Now, you huns and tims have a nice weekend. Please keep the domestic violence and alcohol related crime to a minimum.

All us neutrals want a nice quiet Old Firm weekend :hug::hug::hug:

PRC1964
18th February 2011, 23:14
I'm a Gillingham fan but have been a season ticket holder at Crawley Town for the past three seasons. Getting my reward on Saturday with a trip to Old Trafford that makes it all worth it.

Nice one. I'm Leeds but as Kingstonian are the closest team to me, they are the ones I go to.

You won't need me to tell you how much I want you to get a win.

Doggy Styles
18th February 2011, 23:35
Nice one. I'm Leeds but as Kingstonian are the closest team to me, they are the ones I go to.

You won't need me to tell you how much I want you to get a win.I thought Kingstonian had been taken over by AFC Wimbledon?

shaunbhoy
20th February 2011, 16:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzahFCzqiiw

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Doggy Styles
20th February 2011, 17:50
Rangers are slipping behind a bit, aren't they.

minestrone
20th February 2011, 18:11
JUst back from the game and I am as pished as a fart.

I love it when we batter them and today we battered them.