• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noisy children in restaurants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy children in restaurants

What's your stance on allowing noisy children in restaurants? Intersting article on the BBC website about it:

BBC News - Toddlers in restaurants - a social battlefield

I don't have children so fail to find it cute when people let their kids run around screaming when I'm trying to enjoy a meal out..

How about you?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

what I thought was bad was how Pizza Express is second in the top 10 list of child friendly restaurants.
    The way those places are decorated, hard floors, tables and chairs means there is nothing to absorb the screaming sound from the brats as they complain about their child portion pasta being too hot/cold/salty/tastless
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Likewise. Some restaurants are obviously aimed at the family market so we tend to avoid them. But in a smart-ish restaurant I think people should be quieter. OK to bring kids, but only if they can keep quiet.

As for mobile phones in restaurants, the first waiter I see dump a bowl of fish heads or rancid milk on some cock who's yapping on his mobile will recieve a tip from me that will probably exceed two weeks of his wages.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Depends on the setting, imho.

If stopping to grab something from McFilth, then it's to be expected.

If dining at a decent restaurant, then I'd be annoyed.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I'm all for it as long as the kids are quiet and well-behaved - parents need to be allowed to eat out too. Noisy, obnoxious little turds on the other hand I can't stand, particularly when their parents make no effort to control them.

If you bring a noisy, disruptive little shyte into a restaurant where other customers are paying to have a peaceful meal and fail to control said shyte, the restaurant should be within their rights to turf you out on your arse.
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
            I'm all for it as long as the kids are quiet and well-behaved - parents need to be allowed to eat out too. Noisy, obnoxious little turds on the other hand I can't stand, particularly when their parents make no effort to control them.
            WHS.

A friend with a kid was recently outraged when told she couldn't bring her pushchair into a fairly nice local pub. As if it's her child's right to be able to go wherever he likes - which in my opinion, he can't. Some places are just for the grown ups.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I suppose it's something if Pizza Express is "child-friendly". As an adult, I've found them invariably brusque and evasive.

Comment

I avoid anywhere in general that says "child friendly".

Mr N and I not big fans of small children at all.

Some restaurants that I go to have an age limit such as No children under 8 years allowed".
                Last edited by norrahe; 17 February 2011, 12:31.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post

If you bring a noisy, disruptive little shyte into a restaurant where other customers are paying to have a peaceful meal and fail to control said shyte, the restaurant should be within their rights to turf you out on your arse.

Unfortunately as is the case with many parents, their little darlings can do no wrong even when creating havoc in public and many places do nowt about it.

An example of a friend of mine whilst flying first class she thought it was "so cute" how her little darling boy ran around and pinched peoples feet whilst they were sleeping on a red eye flight.
                  Sorry but that's not cute at all!
                  Last edited by norrahe; 17 February 2011, 12:30.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    WHS.

A friend with a kid was recently outraged when told she couldn't bring her pushchair into a fairly nice local pub. As if it's her child's right to be able to go wherever he likes - which in my opinion, he can't. Some places are just for the grown ups.
                    I went to a pub in Dartmouth. It was busy and we had to go around and around with a push chair, past all the staff etc. Took a good 3/4 minutes.

Eventually we found a seat. Settled down, had to move a table about, got the child out. Waited for about five minutes and then the waitress came over.

'Sorry we don't allow children in during the day! you'll have to leave!!!!'

After being there 10 minutes you can imagine what I said to her.

To cap it off, she needed to go to the loo and on the way in she fell over grazing her knee. Screaming and crying I took her into the cubicle. Within about 30 seconds(with her still crying) someone was hammering on the door 'What's going on in there! I am Justice of the Peace you know! Come out!'

FFS. I left them 5 incredibly tulipty reviews online.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X