• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noisy permies on campsites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy permies on campsites

Poor bastards can't afford a proper hotel, what what!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Nothing wrong with camping. I went recently.

It was a bugger setting the tent up.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07...18_636x368.jpg
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Same thing happens over here

City workers who commute from a tent | News
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mrs RC & I spent a few months renting out-of-season static caravans on a really nice caravan park in the East Midlands. I was in a rolling 1 month contract and the nearby hotels were expensive & crap. The 6 or 8 berth caravans we got were cheap, clean, comfortable and in a really nice setting.

I can see the appeal in being 'trailer trash' if the location is right.

Anyway, is Tent City still going in Acton? I couldn't believe that place when I saw it in the 1990s. I've been to the Stonehenge solstice when 40,000 were there, and I've been to a Scouts International Jamboree, but I'd never seen anything for high-density accommodation like Tent City ... and people in city suits with briefcases entering & leaving.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If I were working in London I'd be looking at sleeping in a van before a camp-site, which close in winter anyway. Presumably there are places one could park up on the road outside the pay zone and hop on to a bus or into the underground.

Comment

Working...
          X