• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk me out of buying a V8 petrol 4x4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk me out of buying a V8 petrol 4x4

Been looking at replacing the workhorse of the Prawn family, the Pug people carrier.

It does the job, but lacks any sort of premium image and is painfully sloooooow.

What wiv global warming meaning the world is freezing and all that snow every autumn/winter/spring I'm planning on ditching it and getting a 4x4.

Was looking at the diesel choices (obvious really), but then saw an ad for a PETROL V8 BMW X5 4.8is.

Once I saw the big wheels and and heard the V8 thunder, I've lost all interest in the tractor engined oil burners.

So, before I go and buy one, I need you all to tell me what a c0ck I would be.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It does the job, but lacks any sort of premium image

I don't think we can tell you anything you haven't heard before on that front. Go ahead and feel more of a man if that's what it takes.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

22" wheels.

Comment

22" wheels.

2" manhood.

Comment

I'd go for an S4 avant if I wanted a big engine and abit of practicality.

Comment

Isn't that the missus' job?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              I'd go for an S4 avant if I wanted a big engine and abit of practicality.
              Nah. No V8 roar, no high driving position to lord it over the plebs on the road.

No one moves out of the way for an A4.

A 20' tall V8 fire spitting 4x4 weighing 8 tonnes with wheels wider than SallyAnnes arse.

Comment

Nah. No V8 roar, no high driving position to lord it over the plebs on the road.

No one moves out of the way for an A4.

A 20' tall V8 fire spitting 4x4 weighing 8 tonnes with wheels wider than SallyAnnes arse.

Its a 4.2 V8 and the new RS6 is the 5.2 V10(?) lambo engine, or something like that.....wolf in sheeps clothing, but no lording it over the plebs in the high riding position i'm afraid.

But is the X5 useful for dogging? Bit cumbersome?

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                  But is the X5 useful for dogging? Bit cumbersome?
                  Tinted windows mean it's unsuitable for dogging.
                  You could put the windows down but its not advisable with the UK weather being what it is
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Tinted windows mean it's unsuitable for dogging.
                    You could put the windows down but its not advisable with the UK weather being what it is
                    Good point.

Hadn't considered the dogging aspect in inclement weather situations.

Comment

Working...
                    X