• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fast moving slug

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast moving slug

Tried to google this, but cannot find anything like it.

I found what looked like a baby slug in the kitchen this morning – bent down to pick it up with tissue, the bugger shot off at lightening speed. This was a superman kind of slug. Really creeping me out.

Any ideas?

How about, the slug didn't move at all, you just fell backwards?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

It is a turd. Still attached to the dogs arse by a tapeworm. The dog ran off when it saw you coming.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Tried to google this, but cannot find anything like it.

I found what looked like a baby slug in the kitchen this morning – bent down to pick it up with tissue, the bugger shot off at lightening speed. This was a superman kind of slug. Really creeping me out.

Any ideas?
        When you say 'shot off at lightening speed', what speed are we talking here in more everyday terms? Faster than a speed bullet? Like the swiftest arrow whizzing from a bow? Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          When you say 'shot off at lightening speed', what speed are we talking here in more everyday terms? Faster than a speed bullet? Like the swiftest arrow whizzing from a bow? Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly?
          Faster than a Churchill after his bone.

Comment

Thank you Wilmslow.

Your original post spurred my imagination to google for fast moving slugs (is there such a thing, I wondered ?) and I came across this interesting article.

Nothing to do with slugs in the sense you meant, but it was a fascinating read, with it's own history, language, and etiquette.

I wonder if something like this has ever happened, or does happen, here in the UK ?

Fast Moving Slugs
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

A silverfish perhaps?

The legs/antenna are not obvious in all species. Ours look like tiny slugs too.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9182531AAw82n9
              Last edited by xoggoth; 18 February 2011, 10:00.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I opened this thread expecting to see Wilmslow announcing he was changing his username.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  When you say 'shot off at lightening speed', what speed are we talking here in more everyday terms? Faster than a speed bullet?
                  A bullet IS a fast moving slug.

Needs something more than the palm of Wilmslow's hand to set it off though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    It's a miniature Alien Slug.

Tonight it will burrow into your brain.

HTH.
                    It's a cunning plan hatched by Wilslow's next door neighbours.

Comment

Working...
                    X