PDA

View Full Version : Turn by Turn SatNav for Blackberry.

Wilmslow
18th February 2011, 12:00
I gather that online map satnav, even where GPS installed normally works by judging distance from the masts.

I would like turn by turn satnav for my blackberry by downloading maps onto the SD card.

Are there any free ones out there?

Ideally to include France and USA as visiting both and hiring cars over there shortly.

Paying for international web access, so not too prescious about turn by turn, I just don’t want to get lost in a ghetto in Miami, or stuck with an onion seller…..

gingerjedi
18th February 2011, 12:08
I gather that online map satnav, even where GPS installed normally works by judging distance from the masts.

I would like turn by turn satnav for my blackberry by downloading maps onto the SD card.

Are there any free ones out there?

Ideally to include France and USA as visiting both and hiring cars over there shortly.

Paying for international web access, so not too prescious about turn by turn, I just don’t want to get lost in a ghetto in Miami, or stuck with an onion seller…..

Google Maps for mobile (http://www.google.co.uk/mobile/maps/)

Works a treat on android.

Edit: Navigation only for Android, should have bought a proper phone.:wink

Wilmslow
18th February 2011, 12:39
Google Maps for mobile (http://www.google.co.uk/mobile/maps/)

Works a treat on android.

Edit: Navigation only for Android, should have bought a proper phone.:wink

Er, yes, nearly got an android but liked my Blackberry too much!!

Found Telmaps. Free turn by turn and no charge on the beta version. As long as it lasts for as long as I am in the USA and France for I will be happy!

Spacecadet
18th February 2011, 13:32
just buy a satnav

Wilmslow
18th February 2011, 14:06
just buy a satnav

I have one in my phone already - has GPS. Also have a Navman.

Problem being that I am hiring a car in France and USA shortly so wanting to use my phone for both locations.

Also, great to have satnav on the phone as means I only need the one cradle on the windscreen (I use handsfree, so like a cradle for the phone).

Drivesafely is a top free app for anyone interested in getting text messages and emails read out to them, also works through the bluetooth handfree.

FiveTimes
18th February 2011, 14:10
Drivesafely is a top free app for anyone interested in getting text messages and emails read out to them, also works through the bluetooth handfree.

MY experience of Drivesafely was that it didn't say who the email/text was from, just the number.

Im not sure I'd use it in the state though