• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turn by Turn SatNav for Blackberry.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn by Turn SatNav for Blackberry.

I gather that online map satnav, even where GPS installed normally works by judging distance from the masts.

I would like turn by turn satnav for my blackberry by downloading maps onto the SD card.

Are there any free ones out there?

Ideally to include France and USA as visiting both and hiring cars over there shortly.

Paying for international web access, so not too prescious about turn by turn, I just don’t want to get lost in a ghetto in Miami, or stuck with an onion seller…..

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I gather that online map satnav, even where GPS installed normally works by judging distance from the masts.

I would like turn by turn satnav for my blackberry by downloading maps onto the SD card.

Are there any free ones out there?

Ideally to include France and USA as visiting both and hiring cars over there shortly.

Paying for international web access, so not too prescious about turn by turn, I just don’t want to get lost in a ghetto in Miami, or stuck with an onion seller…..
    Google Maps for mobile

Works a treat on android.

Edit: Navigation only for Android, should have bought a proper phone.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 18 February 2011, 12:11.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Google Maps for mobile

Works a treat on android.

Edit: Navigation only for Android, should have bought a proper phone.
      Er, yes, nearly got an android but liked my Blackberry too much!!

Found Telmaps. Free turn by turn and no charge on the beta version. As long as it lasts for as long as I am in the USA and France for I will be happy!

Comment

just buy a satnav
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          just buy a satnav
          I have one in my phone already - has GPS. Also have a Navman.

Problem being that I am hiring a car in France and USA shortly so wanting to use my phone for both locations.

Also, great to have satnav on the phone as means I only need the one cradle on the windscreen (I use handsfree, so like a cradle for the phone).

Drivesafely is a top free app for anyone interested in getting text messages and emails read out to them, also works through the bluetooth handfree.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Drivesafely is a top free app for anyone interested in getting text messages and emails read out to them, also works through the bluetooth handfree.
            MY experience of Drivesafely was that it didn't say who the email/text was from, just the number.

Im not sure I'd use it in the state though

Comment

Working...
            X