• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Busted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted

Just had a meeting with a really nice brunette. I would not mind pinching her bum. She is fairly recently out of a long term relationship. I did offer condolences and all of that at the time.

Walking into this meeting with a colleague, we got talking about her. I said I quite liked her. Soon after she meets up with us as we are walking to the meeting room.

Colleague says to the lovely brunette that I said I liked her.

My cool, calm exterior gave way to a beetroot coloured face.

Brunette said that I know the score.

Can a lady translate this? I am reading this as she knows I like her, but not sure how to deal with it??

Jobserve time I fear…..

The Score:

She'll be looking for short term contracts only before settling down to a new permanent position
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Were you in the playground at the time... are ye 5?

Can a lady translate this?
      Translation - No chance.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Just had a meeting with a really nice brunette. I would not mind pinching her bum. She is fairly recently out of a long term relationship. I did offer condolences and all of that at the time.

Walking into this meeting with a colleague, we got talking about her. I said I quite liked her. Soon after she meets up with us as we are walking to the meeting room.

Can a lady translate this? I am reading this as she knows I like her, but not sure how to deal with it??

Jobserve time I fear…..
        Company policy on sex in the office.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Jobserve time I fear…..
          It means she thinks you are fugly and would not even if the survival of the human race depended on it.

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Were you in the playground at the time... are ye 5?

My mate fancies your mate.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Company policy on sex in the office.
              Lol I thought the policy was don't get caught
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

"He knows the score" would have been an attempt to say something noncommital, when put on the spot by inept co-worker. Find her alone and say "I must apologise for my blabbermouth colleague. But you are quite wrong. I do not 'know the score'. If 'the score' is that you are fine as you are, then so be it. Otherwise I'll happily take you out for a drink to discuss 'the score' further."

Comment

Jeez.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

All depends on what she deems "the score", and depends on how badly the last relationship ended.

How did she react to you mate telling her that you weally, weally liked her?
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X