• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who’s avoiding UK Tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who’s avoiding UK Tax?

http://ohuiginn.net/panama/

Who’s avoiding UK Tax?

Try searching for Tesco for starters
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Who’s avoiding UK Tax?

I reckon 9 out of 10 tax avoiders would prefer to shop in Waitrose.

Comment

Who’s avoiding UK Tax?

You really are scrabbling well out of your depth here.

Corrections and clarifications | From the Guardian | The Guardian

If, big IF Tesco have a complex set of offshore companies set up to avoid paying UK tax, they would not highlight that fact by registering the companies under the brand name Tesco. Clown.

The previous offshore stamp duty avoidance scheme had a series of companies set up and named alphabetically using colour names. They also had/have an offshore LLP registered under the name Chesunt something or other.

Tesco International Inc, seems to be some US importer of tacky goods:

Global Gifts,Auto,Electronics trader - Tesco International, Inc.

Who knows what the others do.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

The real issue with Tesco should not have anything to do with tax avoidance - it's much harder for them to do it anyway due to the nature of goods they sell and markets they serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          You really are scrabbling well out of your depth here.

Corrections and clarifications | From the Guardian | The Guardian

If, big IF Tesco have a complex set of offshore companies set up to avoid paying UK tax, they would not highlight that fact by registering the companies under the brand name Tesco. Clown.

The previous offshore stamp duty avoidance scheme had a series of companies set up and named alphabetically using colour names. They also had/have an offshore LLP registered under the name Chesunt something or other.

Tesco International Inc, seems to be some US importer of tacky goods:

Global Gifts,Auto,Electronics trader - Tesco International, Inc.

Who knows what the others do.
          That was the one I was referring to
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I've been avoiding UK tax to a great extent for the past 9 years. Quite legally too.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I've been avoiding UK tax to a great extent for the past 9 years. Quite legally too.
              The number of times I regret moving back to the UK from NL is countless.

Comment

Guilty

Bought some booze at duty free last week
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

The number of times I regret moving back to the UK from NL is countless.
                  Why can't you go back?
                  You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

£11.6 bln profits, 28% corp tax in UK = actually paid: £113 mln (1%!)

Barclays bank forced to admit it paid just £113m in corporation tax in 2009 | Business | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
                    X