• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So let it go-ooooh....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let it go-ooooh....

<deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:00.
    Bwana

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
    ...and so fade awaaaay....
    Ah-ha

(Listening to U2 are we)

Ahhhhhm wide awaaaaake
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Ah-ha

(Listening to U2 are we)

Ahhhhhm wide awaaaaake
      Live Aid, U2 really came good then, not for me though, was £2 a gig, next thing, it's £3.50 after Live Aid.

Dunno how much it is now to see U2 but given the rate of inflation since etc, it must be around the £12 to £15 mark to see the Anglo-Irish band, I'd be surprised if it's more. BTW, two of them are UK born tha' knows....

Or have I got it all wrong?

Comment

<deleted>
        Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:01.
        Bwana

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
          I was about 11 yrs old when Live Aid happened. It turned out that we were on a family holiday (Ibiza/Minorca/Majorca - can't remember which) when it happened so I missed it. 'Effing typical. Biggest event in rock history (at least back then) and I missed it! I was gutted, because U2 were my favourite band at the time. Apparently U2 and Queen were the best acts. I've since bought the DVD of Live Aid and I agree that U2 & Queen put on the best performances (IMHO).

stek - you must be joking about prices. Bands as big as U2 tend to play stadiums. The last stadium gig I went to was Guns N' Roses in 1993. Back then it cost about 25 quid for a ticket. Nowadays I reckon it would be more like 80 quid. Bands seem to have jacked up the price of gig tickets, presumably to counter the loss of income from falling CD sales (probably due to rampant internet piracy).

For me, the best U2 stuff was the Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree/Rattle & Hum era. Achtung Baby/Zooropa was pretty cool too.
          Keep meaning to buy the live aid dvd, but queen were pretty awesome.

I do like the earlier U2 albums, achtung baby was ok, I just seem to remember all the hype prior to its release.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
          X