• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Serious error....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious error....

..on Corrie tonight, Leanne was off to 'that London' cos she'd split up with Peter but she was quite plainly at Manchester Victoria where there are no trains to London Euston, and not only that, Roy Cropper will be going absolutely ballistic at such a catastrophic cock up of these monumental proportions cos he knows that as Corrie's resident train buff, the last train for London from MCV was the 12:24 from platform 4, 4th August 1963. Obvious.

Gricerboy, help me.....

Originally posted by stek View Post
    ..on Corrie tonight, Leanne was off to 'that London' cos she'd split up with Peter but she was quite plainly at Manchester Victoria where there are no trains to London Euston, and not only that, Roy Cropper will be going absolutely ballistic at such a catastrophic cock up of these monumental proportions cos he knows that as Corrie's resident train buff, the last train for London from MCV was the 12:24 from platform 4, 4th August 1963. Obvious.

Gricerboy, help me.....
    I too spotted that it wasn't Manchester Picadilly, but didn't know which it was, not being familiar with other Manchester railway termini. It certainly does sound a serious error.

Comment

I thnik the trains go to/from Manchester Piccadilly these days.

A truely shocking error.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I too spotted that it wasn't Manchester Picadilly, but didn't know which it was, not being familiar with other Manchester railway termini. It certainly does sound a serious error.
        No, no, no...

Victoria is a through station not a terminus! God!!

Though granted it does have some terminating platform bays, so I won't come round with some of the spotter lads and give you a good spotting, though you deserve it...

We spotters are looking for a ruck so watch it CUK'ers, we are a massive now of at least two if Gricer turns up, but if my mum needs me for the ironing it's just the possibilty of Gricer.

You got that boy?

Comment

Gricerboy, help me.....
          That was the last SCHEDULED service. Groups of enthusiasts (known as bashers) do ,from time to time, charter trains pulled by their favourite class of loco. Regarding MCV, my last bash there was with a Hoover.
          I don't know about your soap opera character but is it not beyond the realms of possibility that she was off to enjoy a good bash behind her favourite class of loco? I know for a fact that Violet Carson, who used to play Carnation Street's Ena Sharples, was a big fan of the Cross Pennine Metro Cammell DMUs that used to run between Manchester and Leeds

Comment

No, no, no...

Victoria is a through station not a terminus! God!!

Though granted it does have some terminating platform bays, so I won't come round with some of the spotter lads and give you a good spotting, though you deserve it...

We spotters are looking for a ruck so watch it CUK'ers, we are a massive now of at least two if Gricer turns up, but if my mum needs me for the ironing it's just the possibilty of Gricer.

You got that boy?
            The terminating platform bays were clearly visible on Corrie, and that was what led me to believe it was a terminus. I should have said that I'm not familiar with any Manchester stations, not just termini.

Apart from one, but I won't go there if you don't mind. Painful memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              The terminating platform bays were clearly visible on Corrie, and that was what led me to believe it was a terminus. I should have said that I'm not familiar with any Manchester stations, not just termini.

Apart from one, but I won't go there if you don't mind. Painful memories.
              Well you've already said you're 'familiar' with Piccadilly, which is very close to Canal Street where the Batty boys go.

Or, 'anal treet' since some of the letters off the sign have been, let's say.. 'rubbed off'..

I rest my case....

Comment

Only trainspotters would care FFS
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Only trainspotters would care FFS
                  I don't do trains now girlfriend, Corrie is my life now, live with it...

OMG....

Comment

I don't do trains now girlfriend, Corrie is my life now, live with it...

OMG....
                    Most entertaining...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X