• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The true wisdom of John Wayne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The true wisdom of John Wayne

Just happened to be looking for quotes from John Wayne films for a story and came upon this.

John Wayne quotes

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.

If everything isn't black and white, I say, "Why the hell not?"”
    Looking elsewhere, not sure if he actually said some of those things or, if he did, whether it was him or a character he played, but it looks such sensible stuff I am about to found the Church of John Wayne.

H G Wells was another source of brilliant quotes. Any others?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 19 February 2011, 12:22.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yes. The fellow I have in mind was crucifyingly boring, but he occasionally came out with some crackers:
    No more boom and bust.

The right honorable gentleman was wrong about the economy before, and he is wrong again.

Bigoted woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Yes. The fellow I have in mind was crucifyingly boring, but he occasionally came out with some crackers:
      I think you forgot the classic "British jobs for British workers".
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        I think you forgot the classic "British jobs for British workers".
        Indeed, that's a good one too. I'm sure I omitted a lot, I decided to only include three.

By the way, I forgot to say who it is, didn't I. Which one of the quotes gave it away?

Comment

"Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your shîtter with a lubricated horse cock!"

Malcolm Tucker - In The Loop

Quality

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Just happened to be looking for quotes from John Wayne films for a story and came upon this.

John Wayne quotes

Looking elsewhere, not sure if he actually said some of those things or, if he did, whether it was him or a character he played, but it looks such sensible stuff I am about to found the Church of John Wayne.

I like

Originally posted by admin
            Hang in their bud, MF's on his last prayer. One more foot out of line and he's a goner.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X