PDA

View Full Version : The true wisdom of John Wayne

xoggoth
19th February 2011, 12:18
Just happened to be looking for quotes from John Wayne films for a story and came upon this.

John Wayne quotes (http://thinkexist.com/quotes/john_wayne/)

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.

If everything isn't black and white, I say, "Why the hell not?"”

Looking elsewhere, not sure if he actually said some of those things or, if he did, whether it was him or a character he played, but it looks such sensible stuff I am about to found the Church of John Wayne.

H G Wells was another source of brilliant quotes. Any others?

Doggy Styles
19th February 2011, 14:32
H G Wells was another source of brilliant quotes. Any others?Yes. The fellow I have in mind was crucifyingly boring, but he occasionally came out with some crackers:
No more boom and bust.

The right honorable gentleman was wrong about the economy before, and he is wrong again.

Bigoted woman.

MrMark
19th February 2011, 14:37
Yes. The fellow I have in mind was crucifyingly boring, but he occasionally came out with some crackers:
I think you forgot the classic "British jobs for British workers".

Doggy Styles
19th February 2011, 14:57
I think you forgot the classic "British jobs for British workers".Indeed, that's a good one too. I'm sure I omitted a lot, I decided to only include three.

By the way, I forgot to say who it is, didn't I. Which one of the quotes gave it away?

stek
19th February 2011, 15:22
"Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your shîtter with a lubricated horse cock!"

Malcolm Tucker - In The Loop

Quality

suityou01
19th February 2011, 19:33
Just happened to be looking for quotes from John Wayne films for a story and came upon this.

John Wayne quotes (http://thinkexist.com/quotes/john_wayne/)

Looking elsewhere, not sure if he actually said some of those things or, if he did, whether it was him or a character he played, but it looks such sensible stuff I am about to found the Church of John Wayne.

H G Wells was another source of brilliant quotes. Any others?

I like

Hang in their bud, MF's on his last prayer. One more foot out of line and he's a goner.