• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retained Fire Fighters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retained Fire Fighters

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4762326.stm

Do the more enlightened members of this panel see any impact for us in this vis a vis could a no substitution clause mean we are "retained".
    Is there any other impact which we could use to leverage clients towards more IR35 friendly contracts.

Discus.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

yeh, but they are doing a worthwhile job?!

*is that taxi for me?*
    Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Do the more enlightened members of this panel see any impact for us in this vis a vis could a no substitution clause mean we are "retained".
      Is there any other impact which we could use to leverage clients towards more IR35 friendly contracts.

Discus.
      No, because these individuals are employed, in the normal sense of the word. It's just that they didn't have guaranteed hours. Until very recently it was actually legally allowed to have T&Cs that discriminated against all Part-time staff. Presumably this ruling is all about whether the new law giving part-timers equal T&Cs, applied to these staff.

tim

Comment

So lemme see if I got this right.

When it suites the Government they are happy to have people fall out of the "pensions and tax" scheme, ala their definition of these fire fighters.

However its a different story when it comes to contractors!

Yes, I understand its the Governments duty to be fair

Mailman

Comment

Ah ha, you expect your rulers to have integrity?

The only rulers that have integrity are those meant for drawing straight lines.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X