• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It must be her sister?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be her sister?

Here comes a girl with long brown hair
    Who can't be more than seventeen
    She sucks on a red popsicle while she pushes a baby girl
    In a pink carriage
    And i'm thinking that must be her sister
    That must be her sister, right?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Ahh, the songs of my youth. What do they have instead of John Peel nowadays?

Comment

The answer is yes if she was dressed like a nun...

Comment

Made my day - my favourite band by far.

Gets the response from most people of "who?"

Nice one MF
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That's also made me go and look at the video, which I'd not seen. I'd forgotten the lovely keyboard riff, but the telephonised voice is even more irritating than I'd remembered it.

Comment

If it's Leeds or Liverpool that baby girl is probably six months pregnant already.

PS Never eard of em before. Not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHv4zwzF2Ow
            Last edited by xoggoth; 21 February 2011, 09:04.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
              Made my day - my favourite band by far.

Gets the response from most people of "who?"
              Really? Most people in my peer group know them, they were fairly mainstream for a couple of years.

And yes, Beautiful Freak is a wonderful album, I'd say no bad tracks. I can't remember ever listening to any of their others though.

edit: And I only just found out BF was their début... I always imagined they had a couple of prior albums before getting popular.
              Last edited by d000hg; 21 February 2011, 09:50.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                And I only just found out BF was their début... I always imagined they had a couple of prior albums before getting popular.
                Mr E had 3 solo albums before BF. The first, "Bad Dude in Love", is now very collectable but not very good at all. I have a poor quality ripped version of it. The next two "A Man Called E" and "Broken Toy Shop" are excellent albums and very recognisable as what became Eels. Well worth a listen.

I can also highly recommend the autobiographical "Things the Grandchildren should know"
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X