• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Ron Hickman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Ron Hickman

The man who made a thousand DIY jobs easier.

He made some nice cars too.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Such a simple elegantly effective design (the Workmate), the car isn't a shoddy looker either.

I've had a Workmate for at least 20 years it's had loads of use, packs away small and it's portable. A real design classic.

Comment

I remember my dad seeing the ad on TV and the next day picking one up. Perhaps the most usefull thing in the garage.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Call that a work mate!?!

Pah, a proper work mate, makes the tea, fetches the power saw, applies the tourniquet, waits for the ambulance.

Comment

Working...
        X