• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CSI NY Exploding Bullets.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSI NY Exploding Bullets.

It did make I larf.

Never watched CSI, what were they claiming that exploding bullets do?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Never watched CSI, what were they claiming that exploding bullets do?
      Go bang.

Comment

I have seen somewhere (most likely youtube documentary) about some experimental rifle and bullet system where you could program the bullet to explode at a certain range - they used them to shoot through a window and make the bullet explode inside the room and hit people with fragments even if people were hiding next to the window.

But this was electronically controlled and still experimental. Maybe it is deployed now.

And of course I cannot find a link now.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          I have seen somewhere (most likely youtube documentary) about some experimental rifle and bullet system where you could program the bullet to explode at a certain range - they used them to shoot through a window and make the bullet explode inside the room and hit people with fragments even if people were hiding next to the window.

But this was electronically controlled and still experimental. Maybe it is deployed now.

I think you mean the XM25
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Ah, that hogwash.

It is of course possible to manufacture bullets that actually explode, but it's a tad more complex an ordinance than a bullet drilled out filled with nitro and plugged with wax

Comment

You mean this ?

Comment

The XM-25, by any chance?

Comment

New US Army rifles use radio-controlled smart bullets to be used in Afghanistan | Mail Online ?

Edit: beaten to it by the Chimp

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    I think you mean the XM25
                    Originally posted by Toastiness View Post
                    You mean this ?
                    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The XM-25, by any chance?
                    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Hmm, I think it might have been the XM25

Comment

Working...