• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For CUK readers: which is the best thriller of all time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For CUK readers: which is the best thriller of all time?

I nominate Frederick Forsyth - "Day of the Jackal".
    Sadly he never wrote another book of that standard - and neither has any other thriller writer before or since IMHO.

If you haven't read it I envy you. Set aside a weekend - you won't be able to stop.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

The Gruffalo.

Rivetting stuff.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't know if it counts as a thriller but 'Imperium' by Robert Harris was one of the best books I've ever read.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Sadly he never wrote another book of that standard - and neither has any other thriller writer before or since IMHO.

If you haven't read it I envy you. Set aside a weekend - you won't be able to stop.
        Good God! As soon as I saw your thread title I thought of that book, so imagine how amazed I was to open the thread and see that you have nominated it as well.

That must prove something.

Comment

Anything by J R Wilmsloooooooooooow.

Comment

The cloister and the hearth.

I still have little flash-backs even after 30 odd years

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              The Gruffalo.

Rivetting stuff.
              Why don't you just let your kids look at the pictures?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The French Connection
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

+1 - my copy has been read 5 or 6 times now!

Comment

I've never read the book but the 60's film with Edward Fox is my fave film of all time. Funnily enough, I picked a copy of the book up yesterday at a Rotary Club book sale, but decided not to buy it.

Does the book differ from the film a lot ?

Comment

Working...
                    X