• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Census day March 27 2011

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Census day March 27 2011

Apparently this is going to cost £482 million

Does this tell us anything we don't already know? Surely a combination of NI records, Education Authority records, Births, Marriages and Death records, Electoral register etc can tell us everything we need to know without having to spend this.

In the last one 390,000 claimed that they were 'Jedi' with another 7,000 claiming to be witches. People take it seriously then.

No doubt some consultancy somewhere will balls it up anyway.

Bin!
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Does this tell us anything we don't already know? Surely a combination of NI records, Education Authority records, Births, Marriages and Death records, Electoral register etc can tell us everything we need to know without having to spend this.

In the last one 390,000 claimed that they were 'Jedi' with another 7,000 claiming to be witches. People take it seriously then.

Bin!
    I describe myself as black
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think they should ask this question on census in order to facilitate accurate taxation:

Are you, or have you ever been a Nu Liebor voter?

1) Yes
      2) No

Automatic double taxation for those who say Yes.

Comment

Bin!
        The argument is that authorities need to know (for example) religion for the purposes of planning places of worship. It's been ten years since the last census and there is still no flipping Jedi temple.
        Having looked at the questionnaire I do find some of it intrusive.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I describe myself as black
          This is quite a fun thing to do on encounters with the NHS (assuming you are not black), as the rules are that individuals define their own identity.

Comment

I wonder if there's an option for North American Indian or whatever the suitable term is?

I bet they're an under-represented minority.

There had better be a Pastafarian religion option!

Comment

The census questions are available from the Office of National Statistics (this
              )

My sister wasn't born in the UK, so I think she'll go to town on this
              Last edited by Zippy; 22 February 2011, 13:55. Reason: Fix broken link
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Does this tell us anything we don't already know? !
                It tells us that the government will continue to waste our tax money no matter if its Labour or Tory. I already knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  I wonder if there's an option for North American Indian or whatever the suitable term is?

I bet they're an under-represented minority.

There had better be a Pastafarian religion option!
                  I will be entering my ethnicity as Muggle this time round.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    This is quite a fun thing to do on encounters with the NHS (assuming you are not black), as the rules are that individuals define their own identity.
                    Dead right!
                    tl,
                    -Other (Lancastrian)

Comment

Working...
                    X