PDA

View Full Version : Smaller and smaller every day

Ignis Fatuus
22nd February 2011, 11:52
BBC News - Europeans flee Libya violence on evacuation flights (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12536096)

Italy, Greece and the Netherlands are sending transport planes to Libya to get their citizens out. Austria and Portugal have already done so.

UK nationals have been told to take commercial flights from Tripoli.

The FCO says: "We advise British nationals who wish to leave Libya but cannot purchase tickets online to travel to the airport carrying sufficient cash to buy tickets."
Compare and contrast:

As the Roman, in days of old, held himself free from indignity when he could say Civis Romanus sum, so also a British subject, in whatever land he may be, shall feel confident that the watchful eye and the strong arm of England will protect him against injustice and wrong.-- Palmerston

TimberWolf
22nd February 2011, 12:01
I thought this thread was going to be about Cadbury's chocolate bars.

DimPrawn
22nd February 2011, 12:03
Or sasguru's intellect.

Ignis Fatuus
22nd February 2011, 12:21
I thought this thread was going to be about Cadbury's chocolate bars.What about Wagon Wheels? They used to be HUGE!

TimberWolf
22nd February 2011, 12:24
What about Wagon Wheels? They used to be HUGE!

IIRC that one may be a myth. It was you that was smaller.

Mich the Tester
22nd February 2011, 12:25
Mojo chews have got smaller and smaller too.

Mich the Tester
22nd February 2011, 12:26
BBC News - Europeans flee Libya violence on evacuation flights (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12536096)

Compare and contrast:

-- Palmerston

Yes, I think it would be far more British to advise British nationals in Libya to put the kettle on, have a nice cup of tea, keep calm and carry on. Perhaps offer the locals a cuppa too.

Pondlife
22nd February 2011, 12:28
The UK foreign office is advising Britons to leave if they can, although most of the 3,500 resident in Libya are thought to have already left. The remainder have been advised to take commercial flights, but airlines British Airways and BMI have cancelled all flights on Tuesday

So the FCO is advising people to turn up with wedges of cash and hang about at the airport until it all blows over then.

:ladybags:

TimberWolf
22nd February 2011, 12:31
The UK foreign office is advising Britons to leave if they can, although most of the 3,500 resident in Libya are thought to have already left. The remainder have been advised to take commercial flights, but airlines British Airways and BMI have cancelled all flights on Tuesday

So the FCO is advising people to turn up with wedges of cash and hang about at the airport until it all blows over then.

:ladybags:

:spel they get mugged by nationals also reading foreign office advice

Might as well carry a Union Jack too and get it over with.

Paddy
22nd February 2011, 12:34
I thought someone had been peering at me over the urinals