• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking Forward To...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking Forward To...

Starting My New Contract tomorrow

Been 3 1/2 months benched and so looking forward to getting into the work routine again. In a difference industry sector as well for once.

Nice one K78.

Clean shirt and shiny shoes tomorrow then.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Good luck! Don't fall over or vomit on anyone.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Good luck! Don't fall over or vomit on anyone.
          Is that the contractor version of 'break a leg'

P.S. Congrats
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Been 3 1/2 months benched and so looking forward to getting into the work routine again. In a difference industry sector as well for once.
            Good to see things have turned the corner in the asparagus-picking market then.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Okay so 2 days in and no network login, no email, no laptop, no internet connection, no security pass (opps yes, got this as I was walking out tonight), having to hotdesk and spent very little time with my boss as he has been two busy. Spent last 2 days reading the co intranet, then reading it again, and then again. At least I am getting paid for the pleasure of doing so.

Should all be falling into place tomorrow however...Anyone want to place any bets ?

Comment

Okay so 2 days in and no network login, no email, no laptop, no internet connection, no security pass (opps yes, got this as I was walking out tonight), having to hotdesk and spent very little time with my boss as he has been two busy. Spent last 2 days reading the co intranet, then reading it again, and then again. At least I am getting paid for the pleasure of doing so.

Should all be falling into place tomorrow however...Anyone want to place any bets ?
                Give it 10 days
                But well done on the new contract
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Good luck
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ask someone to print you out some project documents. Tomorrow ? no chance.

My experience, they are either ready for you on day one, or it's a couple of weeks.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X