PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward To...

kaiser78
22nd February 2011, 13:01
Starting My New Contract tomorrow :happy

Been 3 1/2 months benched and so looking forward to getting into the work routine again. In a difference industry sector as well for once.

Pondlife
22nd February 2011, 13:40
Nice one K78.

Clean shirt and shiny shoes tomorrow then. :happy

Mich the Tester
22nd February 2011, 13:42
:yay:

MaryPoppins
22nd February 2011, 13:45
Good luck! Don't fall over or vomit on anyone.

alreadypacked
22nd February 2011, 14:19
Good luck! Don't fall over or vomit on anyone.

:confused: Is that the contractor version of 'break a leg'

P.S. Congrats :banana:

shaunbhoy
22nd February 2011, 14:57

Been 3 1/2 months benched and so looking forward to getting into the work routine again. In a difference industry sector as well for once.

Good to see things have turned the corner in the asparagus-picking market then.

:laugh

kaiser78
24th February 2011, 20:24

Okay so 2 days in and no network login, no email, no laptop, no internet connection, no security pass (opps yes, got this as I was walking out tonight), having to hotdesk and spent very little time with my boss as he has been two busy. Spent last 2 days reading the co intranet, then reading it again, and then again. At least I am getting paid for the pleasure of doing so.

Should all be falling into place tomorrow however...Anyone want to place any bets ?

Pogle
25th February 2011, 06:56
Okay so 2 days in and no network login, no email, no laptop, no internet connection, no security pass (opps yes, got this as I was walking out tonight), having to hotdesk and spent very little time with my boss as he has been two busy. Spent last 2 days reading the co intranet, then reading it again, and then again. At least I am getting paid for the pleasure of doing so.

Should all be falling into place tomorrow however...Anyone want to place any bets ?

Give it 10 days :D
But well done on the new contract :wave:

norrahe
25th February 2011, 10:09
Good luck

alreadypacked
25th February 2011, 10:31

Ask someone to print you out some project documents. Tomorrow ? no chance.

My experience, they are either ready for you on day one, or it's a couple of weeks.