• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

292-6!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

292-6!!!!!

FFS!

How the **** did the Netherlands get 292-6 against England in the World Cup????!!!!!!????

BBC Sport - Cricket - Live Cricket World Cup - England v Netherlands

Oh this is going to be bad.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Don't worry. England will peak when it matters. Not during the Aussie series, and not for another game or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      FFS!

How the **** did the Netherlands get 292-6 against England in the World Cup????!!!!!!????

BBC Sport - Cricket - Live Cricket World Cup - England v Netherlands

Oh this is going to be bad.
      The Netherlands are not bad at cricket at all. They have a few professionals who could possibly play for England, like ten Doeschate and Zuiderent. The top level of Dutch cricket is fairly comparable to English city league cricket; it's just that they don't have a lot of players, but they do make the best of the available talent, especially in one day cricket.

If only the Dutch Rugby Union would take some lessons from the cricket union. To paraphrase Will Carling, the national rugby team won't go far while the show's being run by '7 old farts in blazers'.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Won it by 6 wickets.

Worrying that in all the other games so far, the more fancied team has won quite convincingly whereas England make it more interesting

Hopefully this is the bad performance out of the system

Comment

I wish I could appreciate the one day game, no idea why I don't enjoy it, but I really don't care for it no matter who's playing who.

Silly really as I used to really enjoy playing one day matches

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            I wish I could appreciate the one day game, no idea why I don't enjoy it, but I really don't care for it no matter who's playing who.

My kids get very excited about the one day game, but I'll take an ashes win and a world cup thrashing every time.

One of these years I will take the time out to watch an entire test series. The West Indies would be my first choice {beach bum smillie}.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

WTMS

Frankly, as far as I care England can lose every single one day or 20/20 game they play, even if it's against Liechtenstein Sunday Veterans 5th team, as long as they win test matches and most of all beat Australia in the Ashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                WTMS

Frankly, as far as I care England can lose every single one day or 20/20 game they play, even if it's against Liechtenstein Sunday Veterans 5th team, as long as they don't hit rock bottom and lose to Scotland.
                FTFY
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  FTFY
                  I wouldn't judge anyone on that. I played cricket against Scotland once when they played a practice match against Leicester Poly before playing against Leicestershire. We lost.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                    Worrying that in all the other games so far, the more fancied team has won quite convincingly whereas England make it more interesting
                    It's not worrying at all. Why play your best cricket at the start of the tournament?

Many competition winners in the past started off slowly and played themselves into a tournament, peaking at the right time. Pakistan 1992 was a classic example. As was England when we won the world 20-20 championship last year.

Comment

Working...
                    X