• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cakes and biscuits by the fax machine (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cakes and biscuits by the fax machine (again)

Seeing as I'm another year older I've just purchased some cakes for the team here.

As a contractor - if/when you make such gestures what is an acceptable spend? I got Thorntons brownies and a tub of Gu 'millionaires flapjacks'

Perhaps next year I should get something imported from La Bonboniere...

Please can the Richerthanthou's start outdoing each other
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Digestives
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      As a contractor - if/when you make such gestures what is an acceptable spend? I got Thorntons brownies and a tub of Gu 'millionaires flapjacks'
      tesco value custard creams

Comment

I make my own truffles and individually wrap them. Obviously.

Or - never tell anyone when my bday is as it's none of their effing business in the first place, the greedy tossers.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Why not get a big box of broken biscuits from the cash and carry? Delicious, and saves money too!

(then get yourself something from Fortnum and Mason and declare that as business expenses)
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I make my own truffles and individually wrap them. Obviously.

Or - never tell anyone when my bday is as it's none of their effing business in the first place, the greedy tossers.
            I got a card and a present (from the other contractors!) and got taken out for slap up posh canary wharf nosh *hic*
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              I got a card and a present (from the other contractors!) and got taken out for slap up posh canary wharf nosh *hic*
              Sucker. They've probably had you poisoned.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Oh yeah, happy birthday by the way.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Sucker. They've probably had you poisoned.
                  Got me drunk!

Oh yeah, happy birthday by the way.
                  Thanks *hic*

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    WMPS.

Some appear to think that my facebook birthday is the real deal
                    That would be me

Happy Birthday to Jog though
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X