PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Manchester is better than London

RowleyBirkinQC
22nd February 2011, 16:06
For all you northern monkeys :D

Linky (http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3360769)

The highest-ranked British city in the survey is Manchester, which comes up in 42nd place – three places higher than last year. It is followed by London, which is up one place at number 53.

So perhaps AtW should look at buying in Manc? :rolleyes:

TimberWolf
22nd February 2011, 16:14
The lowest ranked city on the list is Harare in Zimbabwe with 37.5 points.

Where's the full list?

lilelvis2000
22nd February 2011, 16:17
You're cheering about 42nd place? What you're saying is M'cr sucks but not as bad and Laandan. Things must really be sad....and I live uup norf.

RowleyBirkinQC
22nd February 2011, 16:19
You're cheering about 42nd place? What you're saying is M'cr sucks but not as bad and Laandan. Things must really be sad....and I live uup norf.

Let me try again. :rolleyes:

<raises voice and exagerates vowel sounds>

Manchester is 11 places higher than London in that list. 42 places is nothing to crow about, but "It's official, Manchester is better than London".

:wink

TimberWolf
22nd February 2011, 16:21
Where there only 54 places on that list?

RowleyBirkinQC
22nd February 2011, 16:23
Where there only 54 places on that list?

:spel Were

RowleyBirkinQC
22nd February 2011, 16:25
Where's the full list?

Here (http://www.eiu.com/public/topical_report.aspx?campaignid=Liveability2011) and a bargain at only $500 :eyes

TimberWolf
22nd February 2011, 16:27
Here (http://www.eiu.com/public/topical_report.aspx?campaignid=Liveability2011) and a bargain at only $500 :eyes

It would be cheaper to make up my own list.

RowleyBirkinQC
22nd February 2011, 16:28
Just seen the tags :rollin:

shaunbhoy
22nd February 2011, 17:26
If one of the characteristics gauged is "Culture and Environment" then frankly I find it hard to believe that Manchester is so highly ranked. Unless one of the main judges is a retarded inbred clog-sparking simpleton with a Lowry fetish.

:eyes

MarillionFan
22nd February 2011, 18:10
If one of the characteristics gauged is "Culture and Environment" then frankly I find it hard to believe that Manchester is so highly ranked. Unless one of the main judges is a retarded inbred clog-sparking simpleton with a Lowry fetish.

Yes. I believe Churchill was on the judging panel :rollin:

Alf W
22nd February 2011, 18:46
For all you northern monkeys :D

Linky (http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3360769)

So perhaps AtW should look at buying in Manc? :rolleyes:

Ssshhh! Don't tell them. They're supposed to think that filthy air, illegal immigrants stabbing each other, drinking each other's recycled p1ss, pie n liquor, Chas n Dave, second string football teams, the congestion charge, terrorism and paying £500k for a rubbish terraced maisonette is normal.

They'll all be wanting to move up here now.

Peoplesoft bloke
22nd February 2011, 19:23
Ssshhh! Don't tell them. They're supposed to think that filthy air, illegal immigrants stabbing each other, drinking each other's recycled p1ss, pie n liquor, Chas n Dave, second string football teams, the congestion charge, terrorism and paying £500k for a charming character artisans cottage is normal.

They'll all be wanting to move up here now.

Just a minor correction so Southerners will understand

Mich the Tester
23rd February 2011, 09:02
Just a minor correction so Southerners will understand

You mean one of those mould infested draft funnels with rotten oak beams and rattling windows that southerners call a 'charming period cottage'? F**k that. Oop north they invented stainless steel so you don't have to build houses out of mouldy old trees that bend and crack and offer breeding places for mice. Oop north they have proper industrial design so you can build houses with straight lines so you don't have to shove beermats under the table legs. Oop north they have things like mountains, forests, seaside cliffs and dales so you can get real fresh air within 10 minutes bus ride of the centre of Sheffield or Newcastle. Oh, and oop north you can have all this without mortgaging your life for a quajillion pounds.

Don't tell the southerners though.

Alf W
23rd February 2011, 09:09
Yes but we do have scousers on our doorsteps as well. It's not all milk and honey.

NorthWestPerm2Contr
23rd February 2011, 09:19
Manchester definitely beats London, even on a rainy day.

Yes but we do have scousers on our doorsteps as well. It's not all milk and honey.

Everybody needs somebody to hate, life just wouldn't be the same without it. Luckily for us we have the most natural hate for scousers.

SueEllen
23rd February 2011, 09:24

No it doesn't.

I've lived in both.

They are both as nice or as shit as each other.

EternalOptimist
23rd February 2011, 09:34

The best thing about Manchester is the M62 out , to Liverpool

:rolleyes:

EternalOptimist
23rd February 2011, 09:36

Everybody needs somebody to hate, life just wouldn't be the same without it. Luckily for us we have the most natural hate for scousers.

at last. NWP2C, scientific proof that a skunk can breed with a monkey

SueEllen
23rd February 2011, 09:59
at last. NWP2C, scientific proof that a skunk can breed with a monkey

:laugh:laugh

lilelvis2000
23rd February 2011, 23:03

The best thing is the ring road so you can drive around it.

Unfortunately for me my major client is the co-op...which is headquartered..in M'cr. :(

Pogle
24th February 2011, 08:20
I've just returned from 3 days in 'that London' .
We had a great time sightseeing and such, but its lovely to be home, and I know Manchester doesn't have the cleanest air - but my God its better than London. I could taste the pollution all the time I was there :sick

Both cities have their good points, the main thing I love about Manchester - apart from the people and cheaper property prices, is that it isn't full of southerners - well until Media City opens the floodgates.... :o

ChrisPackit
24th February 2011, 08:23
Unfortunately for me my major client is the co-op...which is headquartered..in M'cr. :(

Have they figured out what they're doing there yet ?! I did a gig there about 10 years ago (Funeral Services) and must be the most disorganised and morbid places I ever did work...

SueEllen
24th February 2011, 08:59
The best thing is the ring road so you can drive around it.

Are you are comparing it to the car park called the "M25"?

Spacecadet
24th February 2011, 10:35
It's not all roses up north

Manchester named child poverty capital of Britain with 25,000 growing up in 'severe poverty' | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1408942_manchester_named_child_poverty_capital_of_ britain_with_25000_growing_up_in_severe_poverty)

cailin maith
24th February 2011, 11:44
I've just returned from 3 days in 'that London' .
We had a great time sightseeing and such, but its lovely to be home, and I know Manchester doesn't have the cleanest air - but my God its better than London. I could taste the pollution all the time I was there :sick

Both cities have their good points, the main thing I love about Manchester - apart from the people and cheaper property prices, is that it isn't full of southerners - well until Media City opens the floodgates.... :o

WSS

I don't mind visiting London but it's too big and I hate that tube thing.

SueEllen
24th February 2011, 11:49
WSS

I don't mind visiting London but it's too big and I hate that tube thing.

Small town people.

I remember overhearing people from NI going on how big Manchester was. :rollin:

sasguru
24th February 2011, 11:53

Funny that, when I lived up North, I couldn't wait to get back south to avoid the faux friendliness and inane verbal diarrhoea of Northeners.

cailin maith
24th February 2011, 11:55
Small town people.

I remember overhearing people from NI going on how big Manchester was. :rollin:

Manchester is big compared to most places in Ireland.

Republic I mean, I wouldn't know about NI - I've never been

cailin maith
24th February 2011, 11:56
Funny that, when I lived up North, I couldn't wait to get back south to avoid the faux friendliness and inane verbal diarrhoea of Northeners.

See, only a southerner would think it was "faux".

Mich the Tester
24th February 2011, 11:58
If northerners are faking it when they're being freindly, does that mean southerners are faking it when they're being arseholes?

sasguru
24th February 2011, 12:01
If northerners are faking it when they're being freindly, does that mean southerners are faking it when they're being arseholes?

Yes. Its harder to make a friend down south, but when you do they are fast friends, unlike the fly-by-night "mateship" of oop North.
It simply what intelligent people do, they have lower numbers and higher quality of everything, including friends.:wink

sasguru
24th February 2011, 12:02
See, only a southerner would think it was "faux".

Not contesting the inane verbal diarhhoea then?
:laugh

cailin maith
24th February 2011, 12:08
Yes. Its harder to make a friend down south, but when you do they are fast friends, unlike the fly-by-night "mateship" of oop North.
It simply what intelligent people do, they have lower numbers and higher quality of everything, including friends.:wink

Bloody hell Sas, would you listen to yourself?

Nah, I can chat with the best of them. I'm obviously not quite as socially awkward as you luvvie, don't take it to heart though, you're such a clever sod, I'm sure thats how you make up for it :hug:

sasguru
24th February 2011, 12:11
Bloody hell Sas, would you listen to yourself? :

I do. My mellifluous tones are most soothing.:wink

Nah, I can chat with the best of them. I'm obviously not quite as socially awkward as you luvvie, don't take it to heart though, you're such a clever sod, I'm sure thats how you make up for it :hug:

All that typing for me? Thanks luv.:laugh

TykeMerc
24th February 2011, 12:12
We all know that if there was an export market for bullsh1t then Sasguru would be able to supply the planet single handed, it's the only chance he would ever have to be a revenue generator.

sasguru
24th February 2011, 12:17
We all know that if there was an export market for bullsh1t then Sasguru would be able to supply the planet single handed, it's the only chance he would ever have to be a revenue generator.

I haven't got to where I am by being just an IT geek, you know.

TinTrump
24th February 2011, 13:04
:spel diarrhoea

SueEllen
24th February 2011, 13:10
Manchester is big compared to most places in Ireland.

Well if you guys stayed in Ireland rather than ******* off to the US or UK then you would have lots of large cities as well.

Republic I mean, I wouldn't know about NI - I've never been
You haven't missed anything. ;)

Sysman
24th February 2011, 14:01

:spel

Yorkshire

shaunbhoy
24th February 2011, 15:10
I haven't got to where I am by being just an IT geek, you know.

Indeed. If charisma was made of dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off!!

suityou01
24th February 2011, 15:19
:spel diarrhoea

:D