• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cycling to work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycling to work

One morning last week I'd almost reached ClientCo when I spotted a bloke cycling to work. He was kitted out in all the gear - high-vis vest, cycling shoes, laptop rucksack, and one of those lightweight, expensive-looking helmets.

Not unusual, you'd think, except for the fact that he was riding a friggin' unicycle.

I got off my bus, strolled into the office, and thought little more of it.

This morning I walked out my front door a little after 0800 to make my way to the station, and there he was again, a block away from my house, clearly wobbling his way to work again.

So the first time I spotted him he was near my office, the second time near my house. The two are five-and-a-half miles apart.

It would appear he travels at least this distance, and maybe more, every day.

On a unicycle.
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

You are Gerry Cottle and I claim my 5 cream flans.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

There's an electric version here

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        There's an electric version here
        Butbutbut.... WHY??
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
          Butbutbut.... WHY??
          Because it looks so cool:

Comment

Because it looks so cool:

He's getting quite turned on by that isn't he?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              He's getting quite turned on by that isn't he?
              Homo erectus.

I'm wondering what an emergency stop would look like.

Comment

Homo erectus.
                I thought Gricer had a recumbent?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                  One morning last week I'd almost reached ClientCo when I spotted a bloke cycling to work. He was kitted out in all the gear - high-vis vest, cycling shoes, laptop rucksack, and one of those lightweight, expensive-looking helmets.

Not unusual, you'd think, except for the fact that he was riding a friggin' unicycle.

I got off my bus, strolled into the office, and thought little more of it.

This morning I walked out my front door a little after 0800 to make my way to the station, and there he was again, a block away from my house, clearly wobbling his way to work again.

So the first time I spotted him he was near my office, the second time near my house. The two are five-and-a-half miles apart.

It would appear he travels at least this distance, and maybe more, every day.

On a unicycle.
                  Used to see a commuter do that once he got of the train in London
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X