• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wilmslowesque situation- How do I recover?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmslowesque situation- How do I recover?

I think i'm getting old.

To be fair I do have a hangover and feel like crap for a night out with a mate last night.

Needed a coffee so headed over to the machine. Grabbed my mug and waited in line behind 5 very fit Irish birds who just happen to be in today. All teeth and short skirts.

Got to the machine, popped the cup under the nozzle and hit the coffee machine and was just sort of looking in their direction daydreaming. One of them smiled, I smiled back, then two of them. I smiled back. I'm in here MF, play it cool, play it cool.

Then a third looked over, smiled with a slight chuckle and sort of indicated behind me.

There was coffee all over the place. I'd put the mug under the hot water nozzle and not the coffee!!! Bollocks!

They left giggling. :-(

How do I recover this?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Pump one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I think i'm getting old.

To be fair I do have a hangover and feel like crap for a night out with a mate last night.

Needed a coffee so headed over to the machine. Grabbed my mug and waited in line behind 5 very fit Irish birds who just happen to be in today. All teeth and short skirts.

Got to the machine, popped the cup under the nozzle and hit the coffee machine and was just sort of looking in their direction daydreaming. One of them smiled, I smiled back, then two of them. I smiled back. I'm in here MF, play it cool, play it cool.

Then a third looked over, smiled with a slight chuckle and sort of indicated behind me.

There was coffee all over the place. I'd put the mug under the hot water nozzle and not the coffee!!! Bollocks!

How do I recover this?
      There is no recovery. You're a fat clueless so I suggest your only way out is

Comment

Spill some coffee on your trousers on the off chance that one of them's into WAM (wet and messy).
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think i'm getting old.

How do I recover this?
          That is a good thing - you got them smiling and they noticed you!

Now, weigh up which one you like the most, balance up against the one you have the best chance with and get yourself a lunch date

Comment

I think i'm getting old.

How do I recover this?
            I have an image of those comedy wind up false teeth.

Arm wrestle a colleague in front of them. That'll recover it.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              I have an image of those comedy wind up false teeth.

Arm wrestle a colleague in front of them. That'll recover it.
              Yeah, feats of physical strength always impress the birds.

if only
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yeah, feats of physical strength always impress the birds.

if only

Depends on the lady I guess.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

tell them you are an international mastermind who has worked out how to get free coffee and free silver dollars from machines.
                  the only problem is switching off the flow once it starts.

you will have to prize them off your saus with a crowbar

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How do I recover this?
                    Just wake up.

Then you'd realise it was just a dream.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X