• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this the end for dodgy Tessa Jowell?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the end for dodgy Tessa Jowell?

She might not be found guilty of breaking ministerial code (we find out Thursday), but this alleged bribe from Berlesconi, and all that fannying about with one-month mortgages, suggests she and her husband are rather dodgy. Tony Blair's vote of confidence confirms it.

Will she be gone by Easter?

What's the score with disgraced Labour MPs now? I have vague recollections of Vaz, Mandelson (twice), Blunkett (twice), Byers, any others?

Don't forget Estelle

Ms Morris, Alistair Campbell.

But lets hope this is another nail in New Lies coffin.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
      Ms Morris, Alistair Campbell.
      But were they disgraced? Estelle Morris resigned because she felt incapable of doing the job, which I thought was fair enough. Has anything been pinned on Campbell?

I've just remembered that welsh MP cottaging on Clapham Common.

Comment

I'll be shedding no tear.

Comment

It'll go no further for now because the disinformation has been put into the BBC "Cogs of Spin":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4761194.stm

The cabinet secretary's report is unlikely to be "explosive", BBC political editor Nick Robinson said.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

How come the BBC isn't chasing the story more aggressively to find out just where that money came from that was used to pay that mortgage off a week later?

Sounds massively dodgy!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              But were they disgraced? Estelle Morris resigned because she felt incapable of doing the job, which I thought was fair enough. Has anything been pinned on Campbell?

I've just remembered that welsh MP cottaging on Clapham Common.

She resigned because she *was* incapable of doing the job and would have been forced out anyway. All she did was pre-empt it and try and put a positive spin on that fact that she was crap at her job.

And no, I don't have a very high opinion of politicians of any persuasion.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

what's the current tally on ex-cabinet members doing prison sentences - labour compared to conservatives ?

Comment

Originally posted by madhippy
                  what's the current tally on ex-cabinet members doing prison sentences - labour compared to conservatives ?

Dont know the figures but I'd bet the tories are well in the lead
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    She might not be found guilty of breaking ministerial code (we find out Thursday), but this alleged bribe from Berlesconi, and all that fannying about with one-month mortgages, suggests she and her husband are rather dodgy. Tony Blair's vote of confidence confirms it.

Will she be gone by Easter?

What's the score with disgraced Labour MPs now? I have vague recollections of Vaz, Mandelson (twice), Blunkett (twice), Byers, any others?
                    Geoffrey Robinson, ex Paymaster General - involved in Mandelson scandal v1
                    Harriet Harman (Solicitor General) also had confidential court papers passed to her by her lawyer sister. Sister found guilty and paid fine.
                    There's the one who was on gay bondage sites but can't remember his name

Comment

Working...
                    X