• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the Dr Who Fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the Dr Who Fans

RIP The Brigadier

Even I used to like it back then. Went right downhill once the Master died & Jon Pertwee left.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    RIP The Brigadier

Even I used to like it back then. Went right downhill once the Master died & Jon Pertwee left.
    I remember William Hartnell
    Me, me, me...

Comment

All of the above were rubbish, apart from the majority who were appalling, except the first who was good. The Brigadier was also good.

1: Good
      2: Don't recall, looks rubbish
      3: Awful
      4: Pathetic

5: Rubbish
      6: Who?
      7: OMG, shoot him
      8: Don't remember him

9: Tw@t
      10: Okay(ish)
      11: Rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

All of the above were rubbish, apart from the majority who were appalling, except the first who was good. The Brigadier was also good.

1: Good
        2: Don't recall, looks rubbish
        3: Awful
        4: Pathetic

5: Rubbish
        6: Who?
        7: OMG, shoot him
        8: Don't remember him

9: Tw@t
        10: Okay(ish)
        11: Rubbish
        Don't forget.

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Don't forget.

Oh yeah. He was a proper Dr Who.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Oh yeah. He was a proper Dr Who.
            Actually considered one of the best.

From a fans perspective. The recent 'Knock three times' is nod of epic proportion to Peter Cushing. As it was Bernard Cribbins who was in the films.

Gay to say, but made me teary watching him in his last episode recently because as a kid I watched in awe the early Doctor Who films aged 6 with my dad just before he died, and so is a memory I hold dear.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I thought s Bernard Cribbins perfromance during the End of TIme Part 1 and 2 was Stellar - you may recall when he was with the Doctor in that old tin can of SpaceCraft orbiting above the Earth trying to avoid the Master .

The Doctor sensing his End was nigh was at a total loss as to how to salvage the situation - Cribbens turned round to the Doctor and said -

So what you going do now Doctor - ah - the Old Doctor would have known what to do - the Old One-Two 'as Tennant looked completely lost.

But thats a lovely wee story MF about your Dad - oddly enough I think of the early Doctor Who I always think of my Dad who would call us in from plyaing outsdie (in those days kids actually played otuside - to be kept in was a punishment) saying - Its Time for the Doctor and the Daleks .

And we would sit in front of the Old Black and White tv to watch the Magic of Doctor Who.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 February 2011, 08:35.

Comment

I watched in the Tom Baker era and then stopped when he was replaced.

Watched for a while a few years ago when they had Freema Agyeman . Can't remember the story lines.

mmm yum yum

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  I thought s Bernard Cribbins perfromance during the End of TIme Part 1 and 2 was Stellar - you may recall when he was with the Doctor in that old tin can of SpaceCraft orbiting above the Earth trying to avoid the Master .

The Doctor sensing his End was nigh was at a total loss as to how to salvage the situation - Cribbens turned round to the Doctor and said -

So what you going do now Doctor - ah - the Old Doctor would have known what to do - the Old One-Two 'as Tennant looked completely lost.

But thats a lovely wee story MF about your Dad - oddly enough I think of the early Doctor Who I always think of my Dad who would call us in from plyaing outsdie (in those days kids actually played otuside - to be kept in was a punishment) saying - Its Time for the Doctor and the Daleks .

And we would sit in front of the Old Black and White tv to watch the Magic of Doctor Who.
                  Hide behind the settee, Shirley?

Btw I thought Tom Baker was quite good as The Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                  X