• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflation news

Water bills to hit more than £500 - Telegraph

Price rises for all of the water companies in England and Wales, the only utility firms that operate still as monopolies, will be revealed by Ofwat, the industry regulator.

Bills for many will rise modestly. However, because of the high level of inflation some will be hit by annual increases of up to £40.

Those customers of South West Water, totalling 1.3 million households, will pay on average more than £500 for the first time, with new prices taking effect from April.

I guess it never rains in the southwest of England?

good innit

Milan.

Comment

At least they are still speaking in terms of annual increases rather than daily.

Comment

Isn't South West Water famous for smugglers and german U-boat crews?

Comment

£500 is not a huge amount for a full years worth of clean drinking water and the safe removal of all waste water.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            £500 is not a huge amount for a full years worth of clean drinking water and the safe removal of all waste water.
            Exactly. Moaning minnies.

Comment

Blinkin' shareholder, innit?

Comment

It's 10% of annual minimum wage, I'd say this is a lot.

More important is dynamics - I remember not so far ago annual bills in my local area were like £220-240 per year, so in space of 10 years price doubled.

Ok, oil gone up, pounds tanked, but ffs - it's not like this country imports water from Saudi Arabia?

Comment

When I had the villa in Cyprus the annual water bill (on a water meter) was about 60 Euros per year and that included topping up the swimming pool every few days.

And local "council" tax for waste removal etc was 100 Euros. Per year. They emptied the bins twice a week.

Comment

You'd think for £1.37 a day they would at least lay on sparkling or a lemon twist variety.

Comment

Working...
                    X