• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to heat my swimming pool?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to heat my swimming pool?

Is Newcastle in hot water? Scientists begin drilling beneath city in plan to harness renewable energy source | Mail Online

Engineers have started drilling a hole 2,000 meters below Newcastle in the hope of harnessing renewable energy.
    The £900,000 project is being carried out by a team from Newcastle and Durham universities who hope to discover a natural source of hot water - with a temperature of about 80C - below the surface of the city.
    The resulting geothermal heat would be used to supply power to a planned science park and surrounding city centre buildings.

Anyone got a reallly long drill bit for my Bosch cordless?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    As an alternative, you could set up a small crematorium.
    WZGS
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Could piss in it?

Comment

Get a long extension lead and swim up and down with a little electric heater fan.

Simples.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm going to buy one of these.

Surfing: Heated wetsuit opens up new frontiers - Others, More Sports - The Independent

Comment

Biogas <parp>

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              The £900,000 project is being carried out by a team from Newcastle and Durham universities who hope to discover a natural source of hot water - with a temperature of about 80C - below the surface of the city.
              For £900,000 they could have given everyone in Newcastle a kettle.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                For £900,000 they could have given everyone in Newcastle a kettle.
                Wouldn't they just melt them down and turn them into knuckle dusters ?
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Wouldn't they just melt them down and turn them into knuckle dusters ?

Possibly.

Knew a lovely chap from Newcastle while at uni. He was called Geordie, unoriginally. First time I met him, he tried to sell me a Schecter guitar but his accent was so strong I couldn't follow the negotiation and it ended in a rather awkward, embarrassing silence.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Small Nuclear Reactors Are Becoming Big Business - BusinessWeek

Comment

Working...
                    X