• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advantages of Contracting - Using trial versions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advantages of Contracting - Using trial versions

This is my third contract in 1 year and I have just realised one of the pro's of being a contractor: Lot's of free software.

Everytime I start a new gig I install SQL prompt at my new PC and keep it running for at least a month.

Also I just realised there is a 60 day trial version of MS visio 2010 which I am using for all my software design and documentation. I wont be needing it in 20 days let alone 60.

Nano-Boomed

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Everytime I start a new gig I install SQL prompt at my new PC and keep it running for at least a month.
      Couldn't do that at BT, they had an annoying forced logout after 48 hours, some window would pop up several beforehand following your mouse about warning you to logoff quickly.

It was easily got round but then I got a pop-up warning me because they'd detected I was trying to defeat the forced logoff...

Big Brother....

Comment

Working...
      X